Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD (Mac) - OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

@fooran
Id use 2.1 everyday on Mavericks (10.9.4), without any major issues, and has alot of improvements over 2.0 and 1.4 (especially on the VST hosting side.)

It's a known issue that the EigenBrowser (and EigenCommander) appear not to work, this is because they use a version of Python which no longer updates the screen correctly under Mavericks.
(but i think this is the same with 1.4 on Mavericks, no?)

This is the (afaik) the only known issue with 2.1, anything else post some details here.

What I do is use Workbench instead of Eigenbrowser (to do things like select VSTs/change custom scales etc)

In summary, except EigenBrowser, what other instabilities are you seeing?

Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:01:40 +0100 BST

Has anyone upgraded to 10.9?

All ok with EigenD?
(if so which device Pico/Tau/Alpha?)

Im in no rush to upgrade, but would be good to know if safe or not.

written by: dhjdhj

Thu, 24 Oct 2013 00:05:21 +0100 BST

The main system works fine, I've been using it for weeks. No idea if workbench or the other utilities work though.

written by: terry cannon

Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:38:33 +0000 GMT

running mavericks109.5,Installed latest software,the program is open,the pico is lit,but when i press a key to select a sound or rhythm no responseEigen phone isn't picking up my calls

written by: john

Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:43:17 +0000 GMT

Hi Terry

Our phones are out at the moment, our VOIP exchange got hacked and new security arrangements broke the incoming lines, bizarrely we still have outgoing calls but our main inbound number is not properly routed and I'm damned if I can find out why. We do very little on the telephone these days so it's not been a big priority to fix. I think your support period ended a year or so ago anyway - we really don't do telephone support after that ends I'm afraid, it's quite expensive to offer and it really does run out.

Happy to help if we can anyway though, but you'll need to be a bit more specific about your problem. Just a suggestion; is it that the Pico seems to be doing stuff (flashing lights etc) but no sound is coming out? If that's the case it sounds like you need to set your audio interface to the right output. This doesn't seem to be automatically selected on the latest versions of OSX. You can set your audio output by opening the Window->Audio Settings from the main menu bar in EigenD, or using Workbench and editing that port in the audio output agent (which is just a more fiddly way to do the same thing). Try making sure this is set to the built in output on your Mac (or whatever device you are using to listen through) and let us know how you get on. If that works remember to save your setup, if you do that it will remember the setting next time you open it

John

Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:08:35 +0000 GMT

good way to do the above, is just press the metronome button.

if it flashes then you know all is ok with eigenD communicate with pico. (if not try other usb ports, and another usb cable)
if you can hear it, then you know sound is routed ok.
if not, then probably audio interface.

from there… as john says, its gets more specific, as in with rig/instrument are you using etc.
and tell us what appears to work, and what does not.
(e.g. does the menu key appear to work?)

written by: keyman

Thu, 6 Nov 2014 21:59:04 +0000 GMT

"Passing by"… saying hello; small correction The Technobear:
-using Pico Standard Setup, metronome button is red and activating (play) goes green (flashing is part of a script) ;-)

Last week i did a new install on a MBP 13", so...

Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:21:47 +0000 GMT

ah, yeah, its a long time since i last used the factory setups :)

anyway principle the same… if it changes colors, it shows that eigenD has processed the request :)

written by: fooran

Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:03:39 +0000 GMT

I've only recently moved to Mavericks. EigenD seems a lot less stable on Mavericks for sure. I can't browse with my Pico in the browser anymore, have to use a mouse. Versions 2 & up won't record on the MIDI instrument. 1.4 is my go to. It's stable enough as long as you close your VI windows before switching set-ups. If anyone has any advice I'd love to be able to use versions 2+ but I can't risk it at the moment

Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:41:41 +0000 GMT

@fooran
Id use 2.1 everyday on Mavericks (10.9.4), without any major issues, and has alot of improvements over 2.0 and 1.4 (especially on the VST hosting side.)

It's a known issue that the EigenBrowser (and EigenCommander) appear not to work, this is because they use a version of Python which no longer updates the screen correctly under Mavericks.
(but i think this is the same with 1.4 on Mavericks, no?)

This is the (afaik) the only known issue with 2.1, anything else post some details here.

What I do is use Workbench instead of Eigenbrowser (to do things like select VSTs/change custom scales etc)

In summary, except EigenBrowser, what other instabilities are you seeing?

Please log in to join the discussions