Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Tonic illuminator for Tau - Chromatic

Most Recent

written by: tenorjazz

No I'm on a Mac. I had a lot of windows covering the desktop I just didn't see it.

Been working with the Eigenharp for the last 5 hours, my head's about to explode, need to take a break.

Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:39:59 +0100 BST

Has anybody written a script to light up the tonics and maybe the thirds or fifths on a Tau using the Chromatic scale?

written by: TheTechnobear

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:27:54 +0100 BST

There is a factory script to light the tonics.

Others can be done by using the 'illuminator' agent
or you can use the 'scale illuminator' agent, although usually used to light all notes in a scale, this is entirely configurable.

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:56:36 +0100 BST

Can you remember back to when you first got your Eigenharp and started learning all the different aspects of it. On top of the technique of just pressing the keys there is learning the positions of each note, how to hold the instrument so it's stable, not hitting the ribbon controller by accident or brushing keys you don't intend to play. Then you begin to try and understand how all the modules in the software interact with one another, at least using workbench can give you some visual understanding, and you also have mode keys, keygroups, scales, and on and on. And then there is this new language you have to learn if you want to write scripts. I boggles the mind.

The factory script doesn't seem to work for the chromatic scale. I normally don't ask others to do something for me, but I think having a chromatic illuminator would really help and not understanding how to put the pieces together to write one, I am asking for a script or someone to maybe explain, in detail and simple terms, how to write one.

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:14:27 +0100 BST

I'm sure the factory script does work for chromatic.
( and all other scales)

If you download my scale illuminator, it's an installer that comes complete with a script to apply to factory setup and also instructions.
It's as 'user friendly' as i can make it :)

Yes, I remember being new, as I got my pico in December last year,
And only got my alpha about 10 weeks ago - and that was like starting again :)
It takes time and practice but it's very rewarding, and I've thoroughly enjoyed learning to play it, and also learning other aspects - and Im still very much learning !

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:32:09 +0100 BST

If you run the Tau version of the Lights script included in the Factory scripts using Eigenbrowser it will light the tonics of any scale, including chromatic.

To run the script, open EIgenbrowser and Eigencommander. In Commander, type"

eigenbrowser , interpreter hey script browse

Then navigate through the Factory scipts folder and run the script by clicking twice.

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:42:31 +0100 BST

Thanks carvingCode, that did the trick.

Technobear, your scale illuminator sounds interesting. I downloaded and installed it, but now not sure how to use it. Don't see the instructions??? I guess I'm kind of dense.

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 19:45:51 +0100 BST

if your using Mac OSX, then when you install it, it puts a README on your desktop and installs a script to activate it. (readme explains how)

Im guessing your running on Windows?
If so then I guess this part of the installation process doesn't work.
no matter, you can do it manually...

the readme and scripts can be found at:
a) download script/read me from: https://github.com/TheTechnobear/Eigenharp/tree/master/agents/src/plg_scale_illuminator/resources
b) read readme :o)
c) copy the relevant script (tau i guess for you) , into you Eigenlabs script folder
(something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\release-2.0.74-stable\resources\Scripts)
d) execute it in commander as detailed in the readme

the readme explains options etc.

(sorry I don't use windows, and it was only by the kind efforts of Ferdinand that we have the agents available on windows)

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 19:58:30 +0100 BST

No I'm on a Mac. I had a lot of windows covering the desktop I just didn't see it.

Been working with the Eigenharp for the last 5 hours, my head's about to explode, need to take a break.

Please log in to join the discussions