Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Finding other Eigenharp Players

Most Recent

written by: Reinon

Hi,

I'm new here.

Just guessing if you know any bands or single players playing to Eigenharps out there.

written by: tenorjazz

Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:51:52 +0100 BST

I think it would be great to find other Eigenharp players that live near me. As I get better on my instrument I would like to get with others to play music. Also it would be great have someone to bounce ideas off of.

I don't feel comfortable posting private contact information on a public forum so does anyone have a good idea on how to do this.

Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:53:38 +0100 BST

BTW..

I know about the Google+ Hangout, but haven't been able to figure out how to make that work.

written by: TheTechnobear

Fri, 4 Oct 2013 23:57:21 +0100 BST

Google hangouts - will be posted on the Google+ (G+) eigenharp community,
just a new scheduled one.. all welcome :o) - https://plus.google.com/events/cid3hp14l57iqaqo7lflfvjgra0

Where are you based (roughly :o) ) ... e.g. country? ... im in southern spain if that helps ;o)

the online presence of players seems to be quite small (compared to what we understand as units sold),
I dont quite understand why... anyway posting here and on G+ seems to be best way to contact people.

G+ is a great place to bounce ideas off, lots of experience players that Ive learnt a lot off of. ( thank you guys!)
not the same as personal contact I know, but talking to people from around the world does give a really nice added perspective :o)

Sat, 5 Oct 2013 06:49:15 +0100 BST

I'm near Seattle Washington in the United States. There is a lot of music in this area and a lot of people interested in new directions in music as well as more traditional. I come from a background of jazz and rock but also have a very strong interest in Classical and electronic music. My goal is to find a way to combine all these elements somehow. Not in a "Deep Purple" with the London Symphony type of way (even though they did create some good music together) where one plays some symphonic music then the other plays rock but something that sounds more naturally connected like a cello and a distorted guitar playing a duet. Not sure how to put it together but I'm working on it.

I just asked for an invite so I can see the G+ stuff. I hope I can figure out how to make it work.

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:55:01 +0100 BST

There really doesn't seem to be any pockets of Eigenharp players. Instead they are spread out all over.

I like your idea of combining acoustic and electronic together. This can produce very attractive music. Why not search locally for a cello player or other acoustic instrumentalists and see what you can put together?

I recently had the opportunity to collaborate with a guitarist who used a lot of delays, loopers, effects. It was very fun. There are lots of combinations that can be a blast.

Randy

Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:44:59 +0100 BST

So, are there any other Eigenharp players in the Seattle Area?

written by: JDune

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 05:37:47 +0100 BST

Actually, I'm in Portland. Have also been curious if there were any other eigenharpers nearby. (Nearby is obviously relative--Portland and Seattle are about a 4 hour drive apart...) I'm playing an Alpha, and trying some serious re-configuring for my purposes. Which instrument are you playing? (Like you, uncomfortable posting contact information on a public forum, but definitely interested in comparing notes.)

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 08:06:05 +0100 BST

Email me at 65Matador@gmail.com would like to chat.

I just got a Tau and have so much to learn!!

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:38:04 +0100 BST

JDune - There are a lot of Alpha and Tau players in the Google+ EIgenharp community. Drop by.

Randy

written by: jaself

Sun, 13 Oct 2013 02:33:36 +0100 BST

I have a Tau and Pico in California. Same Time zone at least. :) I also recommend Eigenharp community on G+.

written by: Reinon

Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:39:53 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I'm new here.

Just guessing if you know any bands or single players playing to Eigenharps out there.

Please log in to join the discussions