Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Sounds from Headphone jack

Most Recent

written by: Scuz793

Of course!

I just need to turn the channel sends up.

Nice one Technobear.

written by: tenorjazz

Fri, 27 Sep 2013 18:49:33 +0100 BST

Just got my Tau yesterday. I would like to practice using the built in headphone jack, but can't get the sound to come through there. I can re-route to my mixer but don't see how to get it back to the Tau headphones. Any help appreciated.

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:19:07 +0100 BST

Best bet initially is to load up a Factory setup and open Stage. One of the tabs there should allow you to enable headphone. I think it is turned off by default, so it needs enabled to work.

Then if you have Workbench, open it and take a look at the headphone agent as well as the headphone outputs in the console mixer agent for more details.

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:20:49 +0100 BST

BTW: If you're not real familiar with Stage, on the right side of the header you'll see a "+" sign (I think). Click it and you're see a listing of all Stage tabs. Not all tabs are shown by default. One of the tabs should contain the headphone goodies.

written by: TheTechnobear

Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:30:20 +0100 BST

I struggled with this too...
You need to enable the headphones on one tab - where it asks for quality I think.
Then on the mixer enable the headphone button, and I think and set the level.

Have a try, otherwise I will check more precisely tommorow what I did.
( I think it was the quality thing that stumped me initially)

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 29 Sep 2013 15:42:30 +0100 BST

It it is the same as the Alpha, You might also want to set your audio to 48K. The headphone works at 96 and if you use 44.1 some sounds get noticeably mangled.

written by: jaself

Sun, 29 Sep 2013 21:56:16 +0100 BST

Stage looks to make headphones settings quite simple for the Standard Tau Setup - once you find the hidden tab for "Phones/Pedals/Script".

However, enabling the headphones and adjusting their volume is actually pretty easy to do directly on the Tau. See the diagrams on pages 11 and 22 of the Tau quick reference.

1) Press and hold the mode key for Keygroup 1 to light up the keys shown numbered on page 11. Press key 7 (located in column 2, row 7) to change its color to green then release both to reveal the headphone control keys as shown on page 22.

2) Press key 1 there (column 4, row 15) to enable/disable headphones. It lights green when enabled.

3) Touch key 2 (column 4, row 16) to adjust the headphones volume. Touch the bottom end of the key (roll down) to raise the volume, the top end (roll up) to lower it.

You can enable the metronome at any time to get an audible indication of the volume level while adjusting it.

If you have the "Phones/..." tab displayed in Stage, you can see the "Headphones Gain" level change there as you adjust it on the Tau.

4) To get back to playing, Press the keygroup mode key again and select the instrument sound(s) you want to enable.

Wed, 9 Oct 2013 10:37:25 +0100 BST

Hey guys,

I have a similar question to this which is, how do you set up the whole headphone thing in workbench?

I can see the effect send called headphone in the console mixer of the factory setup (also Tau), but it's output don't seem to go anywhere.

So when I try any blindly replicate this, I don't get very far.

Any suggestions?

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:58:39 +0100 BST

Your correct....
The headphones are set up as a send effect on the mixer, so you then have to enable them per channel, and send the send level.

the output from the headphone send fx then goes to the tau (or alpha) device directly, rather than chain into the rest of the send effects (as it does normally for send fxs)

Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:55:10 +0100 BST

Of course!

I just need to turn the channel sends up.

Nice one Technobear.

Please log in to join the discussions