Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Can I play the Eigenharp Pico without a computer attached?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Another positive review for using a MacMini is the setup. Thanks, uiFo.

written by: EthanElbrand

Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:12:42 +0100 BST

I'm thinking of buying one,

Pardon if I missed this, but with my disability it's hard to read and understand much of the information I looked over on these.

I was imagining just sitting on mountain tops playing the Eigenharp Pico with only a Jawbone jambox speaker tied to the back of my backpack, hooked up to the Pico with just the headphone audio cord plugged in, connecting the Pico directly to my rechargeable battery powered speaker. Playing in a portable fashion. Can anyone tell me if that can be done with the Eigenharp Pico?

Also, is it known if one can use Paypal to purchase and Eigenharp online?

thanks!

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:50:33 +0100 BST

All models require a computer. The exact requirements are listed on the product page.

People do play the pico on a portable basis. Basically, you need a laptop the pico and its cable (which is a USB cable). No other power is required

Here is Geert playing on a train:
http://youtu.be/SuqsxJpWKPk

From the software page, you need:
Mac OS X 10.5 or higher. or Microsoft Windows 7
Intel processor with 2GHz or higher.
2GB RAM. (4 recommended)
10GB free HD space. (15 recommended)
USB 2.0 compatible USB port.

I'd go for something faster with more memory and storage.

written by: EthanElbrand

Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:29:05 +0100 BST

Thanks for the response, by the way!

Sadly, my only portable computer is a Windows Surface Pro which has Windows 8 on it only.

But if they ever make an iPad app that would let me plug my Eigenharp Pico into my iPad and just use that, I would definitely buy one. I guess I'll just wait until the Pico software is updated to work with Windows 8.

written by: NothanUmber

Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:34:34 +0100 BST

Hi Ethan,

I use EigenD 2 on both a Windows 8 64 bit computer and a MacBook, the setups are comparable stability wise. So I see no reason why EigenD shouldn't work with a Surface Pro out of the box.

written by: ulFo

Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:44:14 +0100 BST

Another quite nice setup is with a macmini - I did this for one month in India this march, and by enabling the "restart after power failure" (which I didnt know was on, so for a while I thought there was some heavy spiritual thangs goin on there ...) you can travel without any monitor or keyboard, just the box. Demanding also ofcourse that you put your eigenlab eigenharp setup into login items in system prefs. (so I did that part of the preps...) And ofcourse you are stuck with your setup-which for me, doin music on a dance performance was totally fine ... Cheers .)

written by: carvingCode

Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:55:22 +0100 BST

Another positive review for using a MacMini is the setup. Thanks, uiFo.

Please log in to join the discussions