Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: open source build of eigend - issue with alpha?

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Hi,
very quick question,
Ive been using my own build of EigenD (2.0 & 2.1) for quite some time now along with my pico, and not had any issues.

Ive just got an Alpha, so started using it for testing an agent that I'm writing (scale illuminator)

for some reason, Ive been getting a few 'strange things' happening when using my own eigenD build.
e.g.
i) it complained about not being able to create Midi output Eigenlabs
ii) wouldnt load my agent, with some weird rpc error, due to an error in session.
(this was with alpha factory 1)

happened a few times, and I didnt have a any other eigend running, and id never seen it before with the pico (and id used it ALOT when developing the OSC pad agent!)
also, when I ran the 'release version' of eigenD everything is fine, including my new agent.

the only think i can think of is, that the open source release may have an issue with:
a) the alpha specific code
b) alpha factory setup 1, which i suppose is much larger/complex than the pico factory I was previously testing with.

any thoughts? known issue?

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:08:52 +0100 BST

Hi,
very quick question,
Ive been using my own build of EigenD (2.0 & 2.1) for quite some time now along with my pico, and not had any issues.

Ive just got an Alpha, so started using it for testing an agent that I'm writing (scale illuminator)

for some reason, Ive been getting a few 'strange things' happening when using my own eigenD build.
e.g.
i) it complained about not being able to create Midi output Eigenlabs
ii) wouldnt load my agent, with some weird rpc error, due to an error in session.
(this was with alpha factory 1)

happened a few times, and I didnt have a any other eigend running, and id never seen it before with the pico (and id used it ALOT when developing the OSC pad agent!)
also, when I ran the 'release version' of eigenD everything is fine, including my new agent.

the only think i can think of is, that the open source release may have an issue with:
a) the alpha specific code
b) alpha factory setup 1, which i suppose is much larger/complex than the pico factory I was previously testing with.

any thoughts? known issue?

Please log in to join the discussions