Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Tip when using Recorders

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Greetings. Here's a tip:

I've been working on some tunes that I'm using eigenD's Recorders to record loops. I noticed that some parts, particularly bass or bass-like patches, when the loops start, would produce some audio crackles (overloading the system a bit).

After some experimentation, I found that if I turn the volume for the parts down a bit in eigenD's console mixer, the glitches stop. I lower the individual instrument's level, not the Master/ Then, I just turn the audio interface up a bit to compensate and all is well.

A larger buffer may also stop the glitches, but it's not worth it to me. I set the audio buffer to 384 -- that's as far out as I want to go so I don't get latency that affects my playing.

Hope this helps someone.

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 13 Jul 2013 03:35:17 +0100 BST

Greetings. Here's a tip:

I've been working on some tunes that I'm using eigenD's Recorders to record loops. I noticed that some parts, particularly bass or bass-like patches, when the loops start, would produce some audio crackles (overloading the system a bit).

After some experimentation, I found that if I turn the volume for the parts down a bit in eigenD's console mixer, the glitches stop. I lower the individual instrument's level, not the Master/ Then, I just turn the audio interface up a bit to compensate and all is well.

A larger buffer may also stop the glitches, but it's not worth it to me. I set the audio buffer to 384 -- that's as far out as I want to go so I don't get latency that affects my playing.

Hope this helps someone.

Please log in to join the discussions