Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: What comes in the box?

Most Recent

written by: john

The webbing strap is actually probably more comfortable to use with the Tau, and it's a lot cheaper. The leather strap is the same as the one supplied with the Alpha and has the advantage that the instrument can be positioned and left in position. It's disadvantage is that it is a lot more stuff attached to your body and does not allow for such a high degree of freedom of movement as the webbing strap.

If I were you I'd go with the webbing strap first and see how much you like it. If you find that you feel you'd like a more static playing position later you could buy a leather strap, though no one as far as I know has ever done so.

John

written by: tenorjazz

Sat, 6 Jul 2013 15:12:25 +0100 BST

I have ordered a Tau and waiting for it to arrive (I've been told 3-5 months).

I was reading what comes in the box and notice there is no breath pipe or strap. Is this correct and do I need to order these separately?

Is there also a wait to get these items? I'm trying to decide if I should order them now or wait till my Tau is about to deliver.

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Sat, 6 Jul 2013 19:23:25 +0100 BST

We're actually right in the middle of the Tau build at the moment, we are now waiting on the electronics (which of all the parts of an Eigenharp is always the most expensive and slowest to have made) and a few remaining mechanical components. There is no direct need to order a breath pipe now, though if you do so we can ship it with the instrument. There is also very likely to be a price rise for the Tau very shortly as many of the components have risen dramatically in cost for us, and you will escape this for the breath pipe if you order it now.

You have done very well to buy your Tau when you did - the new batch actually cost us almost exactly what you paid for the instrument in parts alone.

John

written by: tenorjazz

Sat, 6 Jul 2013 20:06:03 +0100 BST

I'm a little confused as to what strap to get for the Tau.

I see a leather strap and a webbing strap. Do they both do the same thing?

If I get the leather strap do I need something else to attach it to the Tau?

Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:54:48 +0100 BST

The webbing strap is actually probably more comfortable to use with the Tau, and it's a lot cheaper. The leather strap is the same as the one supplied with the Alpha and has the advantage that the instrument can be positioned and left in position. It's disadvantage is that it is a lot more stuff attached to your body and does not allow for such a high degree of freedom of movement as the webbing strap.

If I were you I'd go with the webbing strap first and see how much you like it. If you find that you feel you'd like a more static playing position later you could buy a leather strap, though no one as far as I know has ever done so.

John

Please log in to join the discussions