Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Ableton Live agent - plg_oscpad based on osc

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Chris - Also you will need to install the LiveOSC package into your Ableton Live install. MArk includes details on that, but you can also get them from the main LiveOSC site. Once you have that installed, you need to make a setting change in Live to the MIDI panel.

I don't know what version harp you use, but I built setups for Tau and Alpha which have the OSCPad arranged at the bottom of the keyboard. I performed with the Tau version of this and it worked out pretty well. Let me know if you need any other help.

Randy

written by: TheTechnobear

Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:01:12 +0100 BST

Did you check out Mark Powell's video on connecting a eHarp to control Ableton Live? very cool !!!

and for me inspirational ... after discussion on the Eigenharp G+ community, I decided Id have a go at creating a native EigenD agent to do this, to allow easy setup.

Now, Im pleased to say there is an experimental release available, see my G+ post.
https://plus.google.com/110586757591577940744/posts/QkQgeaW7yPH

I mainly hang out on the Eigenharp G+ community, if you are interested in this agent (or the other ones I have planned :)), pico mix, or creator , then join me and others at:
https://plus.google.com/communities/113007469663952313892

Finally thanks again to Mark Powell and also to Geert for some tech assistance, and also to Eigenlabs for open sourcing the code, so making this possible.... now Ive done one agent im sure there will be more :o)

written by: MarkPowell

Wed, 3 Jul 2013 00:09:36 +0100 BST

Anyone who hasn't already checked this out and uses Live ought to take a look - what Mark has written is working brilliantly and is developing by the day. If you're not a live user then you can download a 30 day demo if interested.

Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:03:00 +0100 BST

Thanks Mark...
Ok, Im now up to version 0.6, and I think it now has all basic functions you might need:

basic functions without any knowledge of eigend:
- display of clip states
- ability launch & record clips

belcanto/talker control over:
- movable view so harp can scroll around larger live sets, view is shown in Live so you can see where you are.
- verbs for transport control - play/stop
- verb for refreshing, when loading a new live set
- scene control, so you can play specific scenes, or advance forward and back

Thanks to Mark & Antonio who have been testing, and providing some good ideas , I hope together we will get some setups available and a small demo video to show it working :o)

I can think of lots to add, but I hope that eigenharper's can start enjoying it now.

written by: NothanUmber

Wed, 2 Oct 2013 20:05:59 +0100 BST

Mark's OSCpad agent is now also available for Windows:
https://github.com/TheTechnobear/Eigenharp/blob/master/agents/binaries/Eigenlabs-Technobear-2.0-stable.msi (didn't try it out as I have no Live - but at least it appears in Workbench)

written by: Foveus

Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:53:33 +0100 BST

Hi Technobear,

I would love to use the OSCPad agent to control Ableton clips from my Alpha. I went into your github page but ultimately wasn't sure which of the multiple folders/rigs for the OSCPad I should install.

Would you mind letting us know which is the most mature file to install and also, for those unfamiliar with github, belcanto, programming in general etc, exactly how to install and use the file within EigenD with the Alpha.

I hate to be a pain but many of us just don't have the technical prowess that many of you have and things that are givens for you are mysteries to us. I will say that we are all incredibly grateful to the contributions that you, Geert, Antonio, Mark et al have made to the eigenharp community. I very quietly and peripherally follow your progress on Google+, EigenZone, and on this forum I but rarely chime in because I have very little to add ... but tons to gain from you all.

Thanks,
Chris (Foveus)

Wed, 9 Oct 2013 13:02:16 +0100 BST

Thanks.

download the installer from:
https://github.com/TheTechnobear/Eigenharp/tree/master/agents/binaries
this installer installs the agents, and also a script that can be run to setup for a factory setup - there is a README also placed onto your desktop which tells you how to run the script from eigencommander.
(these work for a pico,tau and alpha)

alternatively, G+ has a few setups for tau/alpha - any will work.

I only keep the latest version of the agent on github so no issue getting the latest, similarly all setups should work with it (and they are only the setups not the agent itself)
enjoy

written by: carvingCode

Wed, 9 Oct 2013 13:19:30 +0100 BST

Chris - Also you will need to install the LiveOSC package into your Ableton Live install. MArk includes details on that, but you can also get them from the main LiveOSC site. Once you have that installed, you need to make a setting change in Live to the MIDI panel.

I don't know what version harp you use, but I built setups for Tau and Alpha which have the OSCPad arranged at the bottom of the keyboard. I performed with the Tau version of this and it worked out pretty well. Let me know if you need any other help.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions