Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD - blank template, and creating fresh setups with belcanto

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Hi

As you will see on this forum and g+ Ive been creating a 'setup creator', which creates a full EigenD setup from scatch.

my setups are generally working absolutely fine.

BUT, Ive noticed an issue,
If (and only if) I start EigenD from scratch, with the default blank template, and I create my setup with belcanto, I SOMETIMES I get no sound.

key things here:
a) this only happens 20% (?) of the time, 80% of the time it works fine
b) if I reload the blank template, and reexcute the setup creation - it always works
c) if any other setup has been loaded, it works
d) I always wait for the blank template to complete loading

debug:
a) I checked the logs, all belcanto commands execute correctly
b) the setup is fine in workbench
c) ive run eigenD with --stdout , and there are no errors, or any sign of an issue (i can supply if necessary)

So then I started playing in workbench to isolate the issue, and I have found 2 agents having 'issues'
a) the keyboard agent (pico) ... ive not tested on another harp
- The main keygroups dont light - so this indicated a problem, so I tried two things
i) I went to the mappings section , and selected choose keyboard ... all lights started flashing madly!
- unplugged the pico and plugged it back it, and it worked !!!

b) audio unit agent
when the keyboard worked, and still no audio, I found that the audio unit agent in the rig (the FX one), was not functioning
I found that :
If you delete this agent, and recreate - it works
If you bypass the agent, and wire to gateway - it works.
If you edit the agent, and associate a plugin with it - it starts working.
so appears to be in some kind of strange state, with this not passing thru audio when no plugin is set.
(usually, and on subsequent creates, its fine)

also, i had some success in my belcanto by creating a dummy audio unit agent, and deleting it again, before the rig was created - so it was only the first audio unit agent that has the issue.
though of course, doesnt help the keyboard issue.

Im sure you'll have your own ideas, but sounds like some initialising race condition, as I dont ever seen this once eigenD has had a successful setup loaded.

probably the other thing 'special' here, is that of course Im firing alot of belcanto at eigenD which has not had a setup loaded, so perhaps this could be contributory.

anyway over to you :)

written by: TheTechnobear

Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:11:40 +0100 BST

Hi

As you will see on this forum and g+ Ive been creating a 'setup creator', which creates a full EigenD setup from scatch.

my setups are generally working absolutely fine.

BUT, Ive noticed an issue,
If (and only if) I start EigenD from scratch, with the default blank template, and I create my setup with belcanto, I SOMETIMES I get no sound.

key things here:
a) this only happens 20% (?) of the time, 80% of the time it works fine
b) if I reload the blank template, and reexcute the setup creation - it always works
c) if any other setup has been loaded, it works
d) I always wait for the blank template to complete loading

debug:
a) I checked the logs, all belcanto commands execute correctly
b) the setup is fine in workbench
c) ive run eigenD with --stdout , and there are no errors, or any sign of an issue (i can supply if necessary)

So then I started playing in workbench to isolate the issue, and I have found 2 agents having 'issues'
a) the keyboard agent (pico) ... ive not tested on another harp
- The main keygroups dont light - so this indicated a problem, so I tried two things
i) I went to the mappings section , and selected choose keyboard ... all lights started flashing madly!
- unplugged the pico and plugged it back it, and it worked !!!

b) audio unit agent
when the keyboard worked, and still no audio, I found that the audio unit agent in the rig (the FX one), was not functioning
I found that :
If you delete this agent, and recreate - it works
If you bypass the agent, and wire to gateway - it works.
If you edit the agent, and associate a plugin with it - it starts working.
so appears to be in some kind of strange state, with this not passing thru audio when no plugin is set.
(usually, and on subsequent creates, its fine)

also, i had some success in my belcanto by creating a dummy audio unit agent, and deleting it again, before the rig was created - so it was only the first audio unit agent that has the issue.
though of course, doesnt help the keyboard issue.

Im sure you'll have your own ideas, but sounds like some initialising race condition, as I dont ever seen this once eigenD has had a successful setup loaded.

probably the other thing 'special' here, is that of course Im firing alot of belcanto at eigenD which has not had a setup loaded, so perhaps this could be contributory.

anyway over to you :)

Please log in to join the discussions