Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Alpha waiting list

Most Recent

written by: dhjdhj

So why don't you take a deposit from people? If you don't get enough, then just refund everyone. Put it in escrow, etc .

written by: Zygurt

Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:46:26 +0100 BST

Just wondering what the status with the eigenharp alpha waiting list is.

written by: TheTechnobear

Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:57:27 +0100 BST

+1 to this, Id like to know too... perhaps Id buy a new one, if I knew how long the wait was likely to be.

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:43:06 +0100 BST

I do not know the answer, but if you are interested you can click on "contact me" at the product page.

Building the list seems to be the most likely way to get a batch made.

http://www.eigenlabs.com/product/alpha/

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:17:52 +0100 BST

we know the answer, as I called eigenlabs this morning and then let tim know.

they have 24 of 30 required, once they get to 30, it will then be 6 months to build.
taus are also due for about october 2013.

written by: Zygurt

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 02:37:30 +0100 BST

Any further information?

written by: john

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:03:02 +0100 BST

We now have around 30 signups or which I estimate around half that are serious and will actually order if we announce a build. We need about 20 people to make it worthwhile so we are getting there. I've been tempted to actually start taking peoples money to see if we'd reach 20 quickly, but I really, really don't want to be sitting on a big pile of other peoples money while we wait, it feels uncomfortable and incorrect, and if we don't get enough people translating a signup to putting down cash that's exactly what will happen.

I think we are not too far off making another batch though - Wayne and I were discussing the possibility just yesterday and the signups keep coming in, bit by bit, which given just how expensive these instruments are to build (the cost of the parts alone is more than half the retail price) is a very positive sign.

We'll keep you posted.

John

written by: dhjdhj

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:45:26 +0100 BST

So why don't you take a deposit from people? If you don't get enough, then just refund everyone. Put it in escrow, etc .

Please log in to join the discussions