Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Pico Windows driver not working

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Again I emphasis on the cable, good quality, short length preferable no Hub in between; try with every USB on your PC..

Those two links in my previous post have valuable information....

written by: Deco

Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:27:12 +0100 BST

Hello!

I'm having some problems getting my Eigenharp Pico Mk 1.0 working with a Windows 7 computer.

I purchased the Pico in August 2010 and managed to get it working with a MacBook (which I no longer have).
Now, I'd like to get it working with a Windows 7 64-bit computer.

I downloaded the 1.0.8 Windows drivers, installed them, and connected the Pico. The error message that appears is: "USB Device Not Recognized" ("One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and WIndows does not recognize it.")
In the device manager it shows up as "Unknown Device" (with a Device class GUID of {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}, which is not listed in EigenAlpha.inf).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly. The USB provided with the device only has Mac OS X drivers.

I've tried multiple ports, but not another computer.

Please help!

Thanks,
Declan.

Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:26:23 +0100 BST

What cable are you using?? original? try a different one...

Some other guide lines:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/589/?page=1#snap_post7171

http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/849/?page=1#snap_post6997

Hope this helps...

written by: Deco

Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:11:38 +0100 BST

... I feel silly, but thanks :)

I couldn't find the original USB cable, so I was using a camera one and a USB extender.
The USB extender cable must've been faulty or USB1.0, as that was the problem.

But now I have a new problem.
After finally getting Windows to load the 1.0.8 driver instead 1.0.2, when I run EigenD it just keeps making the device connection and disconnection sounds over and over again.
I look in the device manager and I see the Eigenlabs Instruments category appearing and disappearing. Occaisionally it'll show "EigenHarp Pico (with firmware)". Other times it's just "EigenHarp Pico."

Help?

Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:37:35 +0100 BST

Again I emphasis on the cable, good quality, short length preferable no Hub in between; try with every USB on your PC..

Those two links in my previous post have valuable information....

Please log in to join the discussions