Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: problem changing scale

Most Recent

written by: dmc9999

thanks for all your help, I've now sorted it out and its working.

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:35:48 +0000 GMT

Hello, I'm loving my Pico so far, but I'm having a weird problem. I was able to switch scales, but now I can't I can see the scale change in the browser, but the chromatic scale continues to play. I'm not sure if I inadvertently changed another setting, but changing scale now has no effect on the sound.

I am able to switch sounds and key, just not the scale. Can anyone please help?

written by: steveelbows

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:32:39 +0000 GMT

Perhaps there is a confusion between changing the scale that is assigned to one of the left keys using the browser, and actually activating a different scale preset assigned to one of the left keys.

eg forgetting about the browser for a moment, if you press Main mode + R2, then press L6, then go back to play mode, do you get a different scale?

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:37:05 +0000 GMT

No, even with the browser unopened, the lights change, but the scale remains chromatic.

I'm pressing MM, then R2, then I try to select a different scale, which makes the LED change colour on the selected key, but there is no effect on the sound, the scale doesn't actually change. And if I do open the browser, I can see the scale selection change. I can also change the scale with my mouse and select a different one, but this also has no effect on the instrument's sound.

It was working on the day I received it, but has since stopped. All I can think is I somehow disabled it accidently, but I haven't a clue what I might have done.

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:42:25 +0000 GMT

OK, I was just wondering if you were changing the scale that was assigned to a preset key (one of the left keys) but not actually selecting that scale to be the one to play now. Im not wording it very well Im afraid.

The reason I persist with this line of enquiry is that the other day i think I noticed that if I changed the scale that was assigned to one of the preset keys, I had to then select a different scale (with a left key) then go back to play mode, then go back and pick the preset key, then go back to play mode before the scale change actually took effect.

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:46:32 +0000 GMT

I've disconnected and reconnected it a few times, plus I've reloaded the factory settings via EigenD and I still can't get the scale to change, so if I had changed the presets, they would be restored now. And I don't think I did, I've only tapped on the right side buttons in the scale mode.

I'm stumped at the moment

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:49:31 +0000 GMT

Sorry that my wording has been so poor. Are you tapping the buttons on the right instead of the buttons on the left? The ones on the left are to enable scale presets, the ones on the right allow you to browse to change which particular scale is attached to each button on the left.

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:54:08 +0000 GMT

Or to put it another way, when in scale mode, the buttons on the left are what you use to switch between which scale you are currently playing in, the buttons on the right are for reconfiguring the presets. When you are simply switching scale, you dont do stuff in the browser, thats just for changing the config of the presets, not selecting what scale you are playing right now.

written by: aaronw

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:03:44 +0000 GMT

Hi dmc9999,

Have you tried working through video tutorial 2? It may be worth just going through it step by step to make sure your not missing something.

If the problem does persist please drop customer services an email and we can look into it further for you.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:24:01 +0000 GMT

thanks for all your help, I've now sorted it out and its working.

Please log in to join the discussions