Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Light problems with 2.0.68 and 2.0.74

Most Recent

written by: Scuz793

Hey again.

Ok, something real crazy is going on. I had some other light problems that were't the same patterns as described above and I've just found out whats causing them.

NI's B4 II organ.

Why?

I'll tell you what happens, any other NI intrument I load, no problems, but with the B4 the drummer lights go from being red for off and green for on, to off for on, and green for off!

Very confusing indeed. Happens on 2.0.62 and 2.0.68 that i've tried. I have tried reinstalling B4

Any ideas?

Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:37:08 +0000 GMT

Hi Eigen dudes,

Just got a Tau recently. Very, very excellent!

However, in my newer versions of EigenD, some of the lights don't work properly.

When selecting drummer voices or turning the drummer on or off, the keys should be red or green at all times, but they are just be orange, and dont change colour if a voice is turned on or off so you can't see what voices are active.

2.0.66 works fine

2.0.68 loads up with red octave and record keys (they work fine, just the wrong colour). drummer toggle is red as usual but when pressed, goes orange and won't change colour again (still performs it's function though). Drummer voices are all orange and don't change colour when pressed (again, the function works fine).

2.0.74 - same problem as 2.0.68

I only have pro from 2.0.68 onwards, otherwise i would just use 2.0.66.

I'm on OSX 10.8, could that be the issue? everything else about the setup seems to work ok.

Any suggestions guys?

written by: NothanUmber

Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:30:26 +0000 GMT

Hi,
just had a look, 2.0.66 Pro should still be available under "EigenD Pro->Stable Releases" (scroll to the top).
Are you using the factory setup or did you upgrade a custom project that was initially created with an older version to 2.0.74?
In this case: Please test whether you also get these problems with the factory setups.

Regards,
NothanUmber

Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:45:04 +0000 GMT

Hi man, thanks for the response.

This is only with the factory setups. I saved the factory set up in 2.0.66 then opened it as previous version in 2.0.68 and it was the same problem. I'm going to look at it again tonight so if I find anything more concrete, I'll report back

written by: geert

Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:42:31 +0000 GMT

Hi Scruz,

There were a few problems with some connections in earlier 2.0 releases. As a first check, it's worth just trying to load the Tau factory 2.0.74 setup and not the one you saved with 2.0.66 to see if the drummer voices behave correctly.

Take care,

Geert

Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:41:40 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert, thanks for listening.

I tried the factory setup before, I only tried the previous versions because I thought the eigend version itself was the problem.

However I have just tried setting the factory setup as the default setup, closed and reopened it, and this time there is no problem. So now I think that something silly was being loaded from my preset in the first second or so, before i cancelled that and loaded the factory setup. I have just deleted my set ups and will start again (no biggie).

I will let you know if it misbehaves again.

Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:12:44 +0000 GMT

Hey again.

Ok, something real crazy is going on. I had some other light problems that were't the same patterns as described above and I've just found out whats causing them.

NI's B4 II organ.

Why?

I'll tell you what happens, any other NI intrument I load, no problems, but with the B4 the drummer lights go from being red for off and green for on, to off for on, and green for off!

Very confusing indeed. Happens on 2.0.62 and 2.0.68 that i've tried. I have tried reinstalling B4

Any ideas?

Please log in to join the discussions