Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD - hangs whilst loading setup

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

not sure if anyone is interested, but for completeness...

for (b), if you turn on logging you see:

eigend: : assertion failure: !d.is_null()
eigend: : assertion failure: !d.is_null() from eigend-gpl/piagent/src/pia_dataqueue.cpp:66 () caught at eigend-gpl/piw/src/piw_clock.cpp:240

pity i dont get more of a stack trace, but appears a null data item is being placed on the queue.

anyway, this made me suspect the stringer... and what do i then find? the stringer has been removed from the clarinet rig, in the fingerer experimental setup.

I removed this from my setup ... bang, it works fine. both a) and b) are sorted out

so there really are two issues
i) the stringer, receiving some data it cannot deal with
ii) eigenD spinning out of control when an assertion is thrown? or stringer not coping.. not sure which.

any way i hope it will help someone else out there if they try to hook up the fingering agent themselves

Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:35:33 +0000 GMT

hi,

Ive now had this a few times, I save a setup in EigenD, then when I come to load it, EigenD just hangs whilst loading (say MidiRig)

here is the setup (pico), and also includes a stack trace from whilst its hanging

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27614328/donotmove/EigenDIssue.zip

Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:04:41 +0000 GMT

Ok, Ive spent along time isolating this....

basically the save causes problems when I attached the fingerer key output to the clarinet rig key input. (everything else is connected fine)

you can replicate this if you open
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27614328/donotmove/PicoMix.zip
setup : Pico Mix - 3

If you connect Clarinet Fingerer->output->key to Clarinet rig -> key (4) (we are using channel 4 for this )

2 issues will occur...

a) If you save the file, it will not load the setup ... it will hang when loading it up again at 46% (midi rig talker)

b) if you play the note, its a bit random, and then cpu hits 100% and eigend wont respond/pico lights off... basically eigenD is in an infinite spin somewhere.

Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:07:35 +0000 GMT

not sure if anyone is interested, but for completeness...

for (b), if you turn on logging you see:

eigend: : assertion failure: !d.is_null()
eigend: : assertion failure: !d.is_null() from eigend-gpl/piagent/src/pia_dataqueue.cpp:66 () caught at eigend-gpl/piw/src/piw_clock.cpp:240

pity i dont get more of a stack trace, but appears a null data item is being placed on the queue.

anyway, this made me suspect the stringer... and what do i then find? the stringer has been removed from the clarinet rig, in the fingerer experimental setup.

I removed this from my setup ... bang, it works fine. both a) and b) are sorted out

so there really are two issues
i) the stringer, receiving some data it cannot deal with
ii) eigenD spinning out of control when an assertion is thrown? or stringer not coping.. not sure which.

any way i hope it will help someone else out there if they try to hook up the fingering agent themselves

Please log in to join the discussions