Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Stage - editing els files directly

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Also, Ive an unrelated problem, i.e. i can reproduce using stage without editing els files

I have two adhsr (1&2) in my rig.
if I add anything from ahdsr_1 (e.g attack input), when i change the value it flashes red... (as if value hasnt changed)
BUT
i) i can see in workbench it has changed the value
ii) if i change the value in workbench it is reflected in Stage

it only appears to be this one agent, as other inputs (including ahdsr_2) work fine.

EDIT: okay. restarting eigenD & stage - this didnt help. so used workbench to delete ahdsr_1 and recreated it, and it then worked okay.

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:06:31 +0000 GMT

Hi,

Ive been messing around with workbench creating a new synth rig,
and I want to add a new tab in Stage.

I started adding all the controls in the UI, and it was getting a bit tedious (editing name, size, position and aligning), so I decided to look at the els file, I found its XML. so thought hey, I can edit this directly as the content is straight forward enough.

now the interesting bit,
the widget has the path in it:
path="/synth_rig_1/ahdsr_1/inputs/velocity_sensitivity_input"

and also has an address:
address="<main.rig1:ahdsr1>#1.10"
(which is the internal address, i.e. #1.10)

this is quite useful in itself, to see what connects exactly to what...

but, If i create from scratch, getting the address is a pain (yes I can do in various ways, e.g. chuck the control as a dummy)
but, I wondered if Stage actually needed it.... (as it has a unique path anyway\0

so i removed it, and imported into Stage... and it worked!

So the question is, does Stage really need the address? (as it appears to work with address="")

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:22:01 +0000 GMT

Also, Ive an unrelated problem, i.e. i can reproduce using stage without editing els files

I have two adhsr (1&2) in my rig.
if I add anything from ahdsr_1 (e.g attack input), when i change the value it flashes red... (as if value hasnt changed)
BUT
i) i can see in workbench it has changed the value
ii) if i change the value in workbench it is reflected in Stage

it only appears to be this one agent, as other inputs (including ahdsr_2) work fine.

EDIT: okay. restarting eigenD & stage - this didnt help. so used workbench to delete ahdsr_1 and recreated it, and it then worked okay.

Please log in to join the discussions