Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Win7 eigenD 2.0.72

Most Recent

written by: Nicole

I have also problem of it fast time I used free anti virus but Now I am using license and I am using Microsoft SharePoint

written by: HaDi

Sat, 5 Jan 2013 10:05:25 +0000 GMT

My virus scanner got a message that the trojan CryptXPACKGen3 is in
the object rig_native.pyd of the eigenD Software Win7 (V2.0.72) after installing the update. Is this a real malware in EigenD or is the message of my scanner wrong? Can anybody help me?

Thank you
HaDi

written by: NothanUmber

Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:53:19 +0000 GMT

Hi,
I had the same problem some months back - Avira Premium detected EigenD as a trojan all the time - a false positive.
To make sure that there is no real virus involved it might be a good idea to upload the EigenD version in question (only the reported file) to a site like
https://www.virustotal.com/
which checks it with almost all relevant virus scanners on the market and tells you the result. If only one (=your) scanner finds a virus the likelyhood for a false positive is very high.
What I did back then was to use the false positive report function of my virus scanner and added the specific EigenD file as an exception. The next EigenD version was detected as virus again though in most cases - unconvenient. At the end I switched anti virus software (am using the free one from Microsoft now).

All the best,
NothanUmber

written by: Nicole

Mon, 11 Mar 2013 06:28:26 +0000 GMT

I have also problem of it fast time I used free anti virus but Now I am using license and I am using Microsoft SharePoint

Please log in to join the discussions