Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: EigenD visualisation

Most Recent

written by: keyman

#ilike
Awesome representation of the complexity going on, connecting everything between everything!
Even watching closely its hard to grasp how big this is.

I can now show what's under the "EigenD hood"

written by: niksilver

Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:12:15 +0000 GMT

In order to avoid practising scales I've spent some time extracting data from EigenD using the command line tools, so as to better understand how the agents are connected. I totally failed on the understanding part. But I did manage to create a nice visualisation of EigenD 2.0.68.

I used Gephi to do the hard work of the graphical bit, and you can download my Gephi project here. Nevertheless this took a few evenings of coding, which makes Workbench jolly good value by comparison.

The output shows agents connected to their ports, and ports connected to each other. I didn't delve into rigs, although that would be next, and I didn't show agents connected to each other. Anyway, I thought others might be interested, so here it is:

EigenD 2.0.68 visualisation

written by: carvingCode

Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:15:49 +0000 GMT

I drew something like this as a child with an Etch-A-Sketch. Pretty!

written by: alistair

Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:38:42 +0000 GMT

nice picture! Reminds me of when I first connected Workbench to a real-world alpha setup. There's a lot going on isn't there!

Alistair

written by: keyman

Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:51:19 +0000 GMT

#ilike
Awesome representation of the complexity going on, connecting everything between everything!
Even watching closely its hard to grasp how big this is.

I can now show what's under the "EigenD hood"

Please log in to join the discussions