Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Problem with 2.0.66-stable

Most Recent

written by: geert

The threshold that determines whether a key press is soft as opposed to very light can be set through Belcanto in the EigenCommander after you loaded your setup, for example:

tau keyboard 1 soft threshold to 0.02 set

By default it's set to 0.02441, by experimenting with this value you should be able to find a 'soft press threshold' that you feel more comfortable with.

Best regards,

Geert

written by: fourcheeze

Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:00:49 +0100 BST

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 2.x and I've been spending all my time playing with the Experimental Strum setup.

So when a friend came around and I switched back to the Tau Factory setup to demonstrate that it surprised me when it didn't work properly. Basically everything works as it should except that changing instruments is very buggy. So I try to change to AU1 it doesn't work unless I try it several times - by several I mean between 5-10 times. It seems changing any instrument to any other instrument has this odd behaviour. If I switch back to 1.x it works fine.

Setup is an Eigenharp Tau running EigenD 2.0.66 on a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion.

Is there anything else I should try out?

Thanks,

Richard

Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:01:23 +0100 BST

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 2.0.66. First off, can you please double-check that you've downloaded and installed the version for Snow Leopard and later? The other Leopard-only version will not work properly on Mountain Lion.

When you say 'changing instruments', do you mean pressing the keygroup mode key and selecting the instrument? When you say it's 'buggy' to you mean that it only work sometimes? There's one thing we changed in EigenD 2 that could be related and that is different from EigenD 1. Very soft key presses are now not taken into account when you switch instruments. Can you please try again just by pressing the key of the instrument a little bit harder? Can you have it switch predictably when you do that?

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: NothanUmber

Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:16:24 +0100 BST

Can confirm this, have to press keys a few times until they react with EigenD2 - the threshold that determines whether a "menu-key" reacts seems to be significantly higher than in EigenD1 - personally I preferred the behaviour of version 1.

Sat, 6 Oct 2012 12:20:41 +0100 BST

The threshold that determines whether a key press is soft as opposed to very light can be set through Belcanto in the EigenCommander after you loaded your setup, for example:

tau keyboard 1 soft threshold to 0.02 set

By default it's set to 0.02441, by experimenting with this value you should be able to find a 'soft press threshold' that you feel more comfortable with.

Best regards,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions