Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: polyphonic pitchbend in Alchemy 1.5

Most Recent

written by: stuwyatt

I'm so glad that people are experimenting with this. I've just read the email from Camel Audio. I've always liked Alchemy, and even purchased an extra sound library for it back in the day.

I've been considering upgrading to the full version for some time. Polyphonic pitch bend would certainly clinch the deal.

Good luck!

written by: NothanUmber

Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:11:06 +0100 BST

Hi everybody,

the new Alchemy version 1.5 is released now. The most interesting feature for Eigenharp players is most certainly the polyphonic pitch bend support via host automation parameters (thought it would be realized via multi channel support - but it's parameters now).
In my first experiments I didn't get how to make this work yet with "out of the box" EigenD.
There are 127 "PolPB" parameters which I tried to map to roll. (If I enable "per key" 1 to 16 mapping entries are generated depending on the poly channel range I dialed in at the settings dialog). Just mapping the parameters 289 to 304 doesn't seem to do the trick.
Presumably the EigenD concept assumes one parameter per channel and these parameters define pitches per note?
Then presumably there is no way to get this to work with the config matrix atm? Is there a trick with Workbench/Belcanto with existing agents?
Otherwise this might require some coding.. :)

written by: geert

Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:16:27 +0100 BST

I've started looking at it also with a previous RC candidate, it wasn't as intuitive as just setting the pitch bend to the parameter value. It seemed to be incremental and not absolute, I still have to try with the final released version, haven't had time yet. The parameters are indeed one per note, which is a shame, since it means that you can't have multiple identical notes play at the same and pitch bend one away while another one stays put.

written by: NothanUmber

Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:57:26 +0100 BST

Perhaps there could be an agent that chooses the next "free" note whose pitch is closest to the one played on a certain midi channel (given by the note and pitch bend information on that channel) and "bends" this to the desired pitch. Then we could even tune two notes at the same pitch when the original pitch of the chosen parameter notes is taken into account and "neutralized". Question is how much you can bend each note and whether these initial "pitch jumps" would be audible...

written by: stuwyatt

Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:46:35 +0100 BST

I'm so glad that people are experimenting with this. I've just read the email from Camel Audio. I've always liked Alchemy, and even purchased an extra sound library for it back in the day.

I've been considering upgrading to the full version for some time. Polyphonic pitch bend would certainly clinch the deal.

Good luck!

Please log in to join the discussions