Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Silverwood: A great instrument for Reaktor users

Most Recent

written by: geert

I'll be recording a new video that explains how to use this. I've been without internet for a week, so I'm catching up with stuff.

written by: steveelbows

Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:07:06 +0000 GMT

Silverwood is a really nice acoustic wind instrument synth that is available at the NI online User library for Reaktor.

Its possible to get it working with the Pico with great results.

To make it work I used Reaktor standalone, with Pico set to use IAC midi bus, and set to play midi instrument.
Load the Silverwood patch into Reaktor. It needs to be edited slightly so that it listens to midi cc17, which is what midi the pico appears to send for the breath pipe. This is quite easy if you are familiar with Reaktor, I will post more detailed instructions if required, when I have a bit more time.

Some of the instrument presets respond to pitch control in unique ways, which works especially well with the pico. For additional expression, use midi learn in reaktor to map some of the other instrument controls to pico keys left and the strip controller.

written by: Foveus

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:52:57 +0000 GMT

I have Reaktor and an Alpha and would be interested in getting this working. Would you mind posting some details for achieving this? Appreciated.

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:09:32 +0000 GMT

Foveus, I'll try to post a tutorial over the weekend. I have it running within Bidule inside EigenD on an Audio Unit slot. It's a great instrument indeed!

written by: barnone

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:29:25 +0000 GMT

>I have it running within Bidule inside EigenD on an Audio Unit slot.
This caught my eye. Bidule is an AU wrapping another AU? Can you explain this configuration more? Does it provide additional routing capabilitites?

[edit] Ok, picked up Bidule cause just too many people I know using it to not check it out. I wonder if it's possible to get something like Volta / Slient Way running and have multi-channel (more than 2 audio) channels going through EigenD. Specifically I need this for CV control of my modular. I don't know if Bidule can do multichannel out of the AU and I don't know if eigenD would connect the channels or not. I'm thinking it's unlikely.

written by: steveelbows

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:43:20 +0000 GMT

There are some instructions that may be of use here:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/127/?page=2

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:29:04 +0000 GMT

I'll be recording a new video that explains how to use this. I've been without internet for a week, so I'm catching up with stuff.

Please log in to join the discussions