Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Alchemy Help

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

Actually, I think you can make an arranger key do anything a talker can say. By default they talk to the player and ask that a note be played but I've had some luck editing that to other purposes. (with Workbench)

written by: robbydebry

Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:51:37 +0100 BST

So I want to use a drum beat on the arranger 1 and control the pitch of it with the strip controller like dave did on the seminar, so I connected strip position 1 to the pitch wheel, and it works very well in audio unit 1, but not at all on audio unit four (under arranger 1) any ideas?

P.s Thank you all for your help while I've been experimenting and figuring this thing out!

written by: carvingCode

Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:34:12 +0100 BST

Are you playing a Tau? If so, AU4 is by default wired to Sampler 4. Use AU3 and the 2nd Arranger (I think that's the order.)

Normally, if I am working from a copy of the Factory Setup, I rewire Arranger 1 to AU3 and Arranger 2 to AU4. To do this with Workbench, find the two Player agents - middle right portion of layout. Delete the existing wires. Then simply rewire PLayer 1 to AU3 and Player 2 to AU4. Works great.

written by: robbydebry

Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:53:17 +0100 BST

Ya Im on a tau, but I don't have work bench, do you know how to do that through belcanto?

written by: carvingCode

Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:18:11 +0100 BST

Sorry, no.

Honestly, if you want to do as much modification of setups as you seem, Workbench is the way to go.

Randy

written by: keyman

Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:56:53 +0100 BST

The Routing_Matrix is excellent to route the controllers, (in every AU/VST not just AU 1....) but if..... (small if ) you are using a "playing area". (my humble opinion, hope i'm not wrong )

The Arranger is "something" different and still surrounded with a "mystery fog" of potential... so your idea it's a bit tricky right now (did spend some time wiring around, no direct result). It seems you can't send control data from an Arranger keygroup.

Feature request?!?

What seminar are you referring to ?

written by: mikemilton

Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:43:01 +0100 BST

Actually, I think you can make an arranger key do anything a talker can say. By default they talk to the player and ask that a note be played but I've had some luck editing that to other purposes. (with Workbench)

Please log in to join the discussions