Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Thread: OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion Upgrade

Most Recent

written by: Thepara

Ah, you're right. That was it. Thanks

written by: carvingCode

Tue, 31 Jul 2012 04:12:54 +0100 BST

I upgraded by MacBook Pro to OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion. So far, so good.

EIgenD performs fine. As does the driver for my audio interface (M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro).

I've tested several AU/VSTs, including all from AAS, Tone2's Saurus, u-he's Diva and Zebra2, and Camel Alchemy -- all seem to perform just fine.

I've not done full tests on the DAWs I use, but all are reported to run fine (from their respective websites). They include REAPER, Reason and Studio One.

I'll probably wait a bit longer to upgrade my iMac, waiting until there is official notice from the software publishers.

Randy

written by: john

Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:08:01 +0100 BST

That's good to know, thanks Randy. We haven't tried Mountain Lion at Eigenlabs yet, but if anyone else tries it it would be great if they can share their experiences here as well.

John

written by: geert

Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:38:08 +0100 BST

I've been using Mountain Lion actually since launch day (John just wasn't aware of it). Haven't had a single problem yet, it seems overall smoother and a generally more consistent experience than Lion.

written by: earthspot

Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:40:56 +0000 GMT

I was just about to start a new thread to post my question, then I spotted this thread...

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/latest/std/ says...
"Note that EigenD isn't signed for MacOSX Mountain Lion yet."
This gave me a nasty moment. Just ordered a new MacBook Air, chiefly intended for EigenD. It comes with Mountain Lion installed. So I'm keen to know: will EigenD work *at all*?

Geert's post reassures me that it will. Probably. :-\

But is there anything anyone can tell me about the Mountain Lion/MacBook Air combination that I ought to know? Or do I guess rightly that a feedback report on my initial experiences might be welcome? Any questions folx would like to ask *me*? -- things I should try? (I only have a Pico, BTW)

I've taken the precaution of ordering the MBA with 8 GB main memory, not the standard 4 GB. Cos I believe the Grand Piano soundfont takes up a lot of room in a tiny machine. As an ancient programmer, I must say flash memory in place of the good-old hard drive is outside my comfort zone. But I guess they've made it work...!

written by: carvingCode

Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:46:41 +0000 GMT

I"m running 10.8.x on an IMac and a MBP. EigenD performs just fine.

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:41:53 +0000 GMT

It's been running perfectly for me on 10.8 since it came out. The singing thing is just something Apple added to 'ensure' that you can 'trust' the developer, many apps aren't signed yet but that doesn't really mean anything technically.

written by: earthspot

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:43:59 +0000 GMT

Thanks, Geert. Clarifies things a lot. I wasn't sure what "signed" meant in this context. In fact I unconsciously read it as "supported" !!

You might think to qualify that sentence in: http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/latest/std/ ...

"Note that EigenD isn't signed for MacOSX Mountain Lion yet."

It looks distinctly off-putting to someone with OSX 10.8 contemplating getting an eigenharp, or someone with an eigenharp considering upgrading to 10.8. They'll ask: is that a show-stopper?

Perhaps add "...but see: {link-to-this-thread}"

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:38:09 +0000 GMT

Well, I'm having issues with the software since upgrading to Mountain Lion. My pico plays and operates just fine, but all of the text on the software is now gibberish.

Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:05:18 +0000 GMT

Have you tried downloading a recent release that's packaged for Snow Leopard and later? There are two versions available, make sure you get the right one.

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:37:57 +0000 GMT

Ah, you're right. That was it. Thanks

Please log in to join the discussions