Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Eigenharp Tau from scratch 6: AudioUnit plugins, Soundfonts and Mixing

Most Recent

written by: NickB

Hey Geert, great series of videos you have produced. Such a shame that this kind of resource wasn't available when the Tau became available. I might be alone but I found the documentation at the time lacking and hard to understand. As it is with the lack of direction and early software glitches, the scale change bug being particularly frustrating, my initial excitement at getting the Tau quickly turned to frustration. So much so that it, the Tau, has languished in it's case for the last year and I returned to my other instruments. Never the less I am sure that your videos will be of great help to newcomers to the Tau. Congratulations and best wishes Nick

written by: geert

Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:54:18 +0100 BST

This is the sixth part of our tutorial about how to get started with the Eigenharp Tau. In this episode we’re covering how to set up new instruments using AudioUnit plugins, Soundfonts and how to mix their relative volumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQASn4yktgg

written by: keyman

Mon, 30 Jul 2012 01:38:10 +0100 BST

... and one more ;-)

Just a quick idea not mention here, about layering different sounds, combine samplers with AU,
two or even three AU, just select and associate toghether.

Keep it up! And good studie to Nathalie.

written by: geert

Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:44:08 +0100 BST

Thanks keyman, I was planning to mention that indeed but noticed during editing that I forgot. We actually went on a 20 minutes uncontrollable laughing spree while recording it so it wasn't easy to find the thread back ;-) I'll try to remember to put it in the next one.

written by: NickB

Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:33:56 +0100 BST

Hey Geert, great series of videos you have produced. Such a shame that this kind of resource wasn't available when the Tau became available. I might be alone but I found the documentation at the time lacking and hard to understand. As it is with the lack of direction and early software glitches, the scale change bug being particularly frustrating, my initial excitement at getting the Tau quickly turned to frustration. So much so that it, the Tau, has languished in it's case for the last year and I returned to my other instruments. Never the less I am sure that your videos will be of great help to newcomers to the Tau. Congratulations and best wishes Nick

Please log in to join the discussions