Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: External Midi Input Note#s for Octave Up/Down in 2.0 for Tau

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Super!!

I'm sorry for the delay... got hold... this is always something that it's easy done, a bit harder and time consuming to explain.

Glad you got it and let's keep "pushing the envelope" the Eigensky is the limit!!

[THIS and THIS I was preparing to explain...

Still talking about changing octaves, This post allows to change the octaves of the percussion keygroup.

Cheers
keyman

written by: bhinton

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:22:15 +0100 BST

I know they were 52 and 53 in 1.4 for the pico. These don't work in 2.0 (one of them, weirdly, opens user setup 1 instead). TIA.

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 05:07:34 +0100 BST

Hi bhinton,
This is the Midi Implementation Chart it hasn't change in a while.

It's not really hard to "add" entry's to this list, actually octave up/down it's one that I use alot.

It's late right now, but I can write about how to do it.

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 05:52:05 +0100 BST

Thanks. I've tried to figure out how to add to it via workbench but no luck.

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 06:06:24 +0100 BST

Aha. I'm assuming the "key row" in the Midi Input Controller agent's connectors actually refers to note number, since they match the note numbers for tonic and scale selection in the implementation chart. I'll give it a go from there and report back. Thanks.

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:27:55 +0100 BST

Got it.
- Make two new connectors in the Connection tab of the Midi Input Controller Agent
- Use Column 1 and "key row" number matching the desired note number for each agent.
- Connect to Key 1/activate (for down) and Key 2/activate (for up) in the octave agents for each keygroup you want affected (I only wanted keygroup one so this was perfect - I suppose you could make a Global agent but I didn't need to go there).
Tested, works. I hope I have the terminology right - this is from memory since I'm not in eigenland at the moment.
Thanks to keyman for the assurance that it could be done, prompting me to keep trying.

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:33:06 +0100 BST

Super!!

I'm sorry for the delay... got hold... this is always something that it's easy done, a bit harder and time consuming to explain.

Glad you got it and let's keep "pushing the envelope" the Eigensky is the limit!!

[THIS and THIS I was preparing to explain...

Still talking about changing octaves, This post allows to change the octaves of the percussion keygroup.

Cheers
keyman

Please log in to join the discussions