Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Can't find Scale Manager folder on OS X Lion machine

Most Recent

written by: JDune

Thanks. Found it. It is very nice that you can store your special scales information outside each version, so it can be accessed by each version, without having to reproduce it separately each time a new version of EigenD comes out!

You might want to change the Wiki entry, since in Lion the Library one needs is NOT in the "Home" folder, and it isn't in the root directory either. (Worse--there IS a "Library" folder in the root directory, but that is the wrong "Library" folder). To get to the correct "Library" folder one has to use Geert's trick of holding the alt/option key while clicking on "Go" on the main menu bar for Finder!

Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:51:25 +0100 BST

Finally broke down and got a Mac laptop; previously was running EigenD on Windows 7 machine. On that machine I successfully developed a handful of useful scales...

Have been consulting the "Custom Scales" article in the Documentation Wiki, but can't find the Scale Manager folder into which I am supposed to drop my User Scales.txt doc.

Would some Lion user out there steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

JD

written by: john

Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:51:50 +0100 BST

You should find it in your home folder/directory in you Library folder. There's a folder called 'Eigenlabs' in there if you've installed EigenD on that machine and the Scale Manager directory is in there.

John

written by: geert

Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:29:17 +0100 BST

Note that on Lion your user's library directory is hidden by default. You can get to it by keeping the option/alt key pressed when going to the Finder's Go menu.

Sun, 29 Jul 2012 05:57:43 +0100 BST

Thanks. Found it. It is very nice that you can store your special scales information outside each version, so it can be accessed by each version, without having to reproduce it separately each time a new version of EigenD comes out!

You might want to change the Wiki entry, since in Lion the Library one needs is NOT in the "Home" folder, and it isn't in the root directory either. (Worse--there IS a "Library" folder in the root directory, but that is the wrong "Library" folder). To get to the correct "Library" folder one has to use Geert's trick of holding the alt/option key while clicking on "Go" on the main menu bar for Finder!

Please log in to join the discussions