Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Ribbon Controller and MIDI...

Most Recent

written by: paugui

I just noticed now that I ended up not updating to the last version before my subscription ended...

Was that bug free version available by September?
Cause my subscription was still working by then, but I was quite busy with other stuff and totally forgot to upgrade (I am still using 2.0.58-testing)...

I could make the polyphonic aftertouch working my Alesis Ion, but it still isn't working with my Waldorf Micro-Q.
I try am actually assigning the Pressure to both Polyphonic Aftertouch and Channel Aftertouch and as soon as I switch from Poly Prs. to Pressure in the Waldorf Micro-Q, the results are totally different...
With Poly Prs. I can't hear a difference, with Pressure I can hear changes by pressing the keys harder...

Anyone here has experience with setting up a Pico with a Waldorf synth?
Cause the sound of the Micro-Q blows the Ion away and I could use some free space from selling a keyboard...

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:40:00 +0100 BST

Hi

I was trying to use my Pico to control my Nord Modular G2 Engine (which allows a huge amount of MIDI control) but haven't been able to use the ribbon controller...

I have gone to the MIDI Converter menu to assign the different controls of the Pico to a CC and could only put the Breath Controller to work (I only tried the Ribbon and Breath Controllers, which seemed enough to make some nice wind instrument simulations...).
I have tried to assign a CC or more to the Strip Position and Absolute Strip but I can't get any response on my Nord G2...
And if I touch the Ribbon it doesn't even indicate that it is receiving MIDI, while I can just blow into the Breath Controller and get the MIDI LED lighting...

I was starting to think that the Ribbon Controller was broken, but it seems to work pretty well on the Pico instruments, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'm using EigenD 2.0.58-testing...
Can this be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo

written by: geert

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:22:01 +0100 BST

Hi Paulo,

The strip controller is indeed wired up wrong internally in the setup for the MIDI converter. We'll fix it in the factory setups for the next release, but in the meantime you can use the following Belcanto in the EigenCommander after loading the Pico Factory 1 setup and this should be fixed for you:

midi rig 1 strip position un connect

main keygroup keygroup output 8 strip position output 1 to midi rig 1 strip position connect

Best regards,

Geert

written by: john

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:44:51 +0100 BST

Thanks Paulo, another bug found and eliminated...

John

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:03:05 +0100 BST

It seems to be working with that trick :)
Thanks a lot :)

And when you mention the bug was found and eliminated, there is a new OS version now with that fixed?

This also makes me wonder... is the PolyAftertouch supposed to work?
Cause on my Waldorf MicroQ I wasn't able to make it work...
Could get Aftertouch, but when I changed to PolyAftertouch, I just couldn't get any change in the sound... :(

And by the way, if there are other Nord Modular G2 users here, I can share the patches I made (all quite simple, but make some use of the Breath and Ribbon Controller for some nice expressivity).

written by: keyman

Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:47:16 +0100 BST

Hi Paulo,
I have a NM G2 (keyboard) since they came out, (still love it) but confess haven't yet got the urge to connect EigenD with it. (always something in between...)
I've mention this a couple of times as I also have some old patches that are quite expressive; may well just go for it now!

António

written by: geert

Wed, 18 Jul 2012 07:43:21 +0100 BST

Hi Paugui,

This bug is going to be fixed in the next release of EigenD, it's not available yet, but with the Belcanto instructions I provided you, you can get going in the meantime.

Polyphonic aftertouch is by default not activated for the MIDI/AU/VST outputs since very few synths actually support it. You can however completely configure all the MIDI behavior by using the Routing Matrix. You can access the routing matrix by going to the Windows menu of EigenD and selecting MIDI Converter 1 or 2.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:39:33 +0000 GMT

I just noticed now that I ended up not updating to the last version before my subscription ended...

Was that bug free version available by September?
Cause my subscription was still working by then, but I was quite busy with other stuff and totally forgot to upgrade (I am still using 2.0.58-testing)...

I could make the polyphonic aftertouch working my Alesis Ion, but it still isn't working with my Waldorf Micro-Q.
I try am actually assigning the Pressure to both Polyphonic Aftertouch and Channel Aftertouch and as soon as I switch from Poly Prs. to Pressure in the Waldorf Micro-Q, the results are totally different...
With Poly Prs. I can't hear a difference, with Pressure I can hear changes by pressing the keys harder...

Anyone here has experience with setting up a Pico with a Waldorf synth?
Cause the sound of the Micro-Q blows the Ion away and I could use some free space from selling a keyboard...

Please log in to join the discussions