Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Using external midi controllers in EigenD

Most Recent

written by: music-aems

hello geert,

I mean one of the two expression pedals on a behringer FCB 1010 midi controller. i only have a pico, so the midi data is coming in via my UA-25 audio interface.

cheers,
scuz

written by: stuwyatt

Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:04:34 +0100 BST

Hi guys.

I've been absent for a while due to health reasons, and the fact that the pico never really worked for me. The fault lied purely with the limited amount of buttons, but at least it gave me a taster of what the eigenharp is capable of.

Flash forward to now, I finally managed to raise the funds to purchase a Tau, and it is due to arrive tomorrow, along with a new i5 8GB PC laptop.

I'm just doing a bit of pre-reading, and I'm really interested in finding out the capabilities of controlling EigenD (Instruments, Keys, Scales etc) using external midi controllers. I have a Behringer FCB1010 and a Roland FC200 that I'd like to include in my playing rig.

I suffer from chronic fatigue, and I can only process so much information before the brain gives up. I tried hunting for the info in the wiki, but to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Also, it's good to be back :)

written by: keyman

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 01:51:04 +0100 BST

Hi Stuart,
Wonderful to have you back and even more "Eigenland equipped" Congrats!!
(still remember well your early videos with the Pico/guitar fretboard ;-))

A lot have changed/ evolved for the better, more stable and robust with 2.0 and Workbench (and even Stage)

Since my beginning with EigenD i also integrated many "outside" controllers (also have a loaned B** FCB thing ) and lately a dreadful SoftStep, luckily with the basesation Pro (although not with the standard base station) one gets switch pedals (that I use for octave up/down or metronome start/stop) and continuous pedals, possible uses volume, continuous sustain and others controls.

Either thru Belcanto or with Workbench it's getting more easy to achieve greater control (this is the current Midi_Implementation_Chart)

There is a group of user very active on Google G+ here's mine http://gplus.to/keymanpal and there are two hangouts weekly:
- Monday 16h CET
- Wednesday 19h CET (unconfirmed)

Have fun with your new Tau!!

keyman

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:04:06 +0100 BST

Thanks Keyman. That was just what I was looking for :)

Fri, 9 Nov 2012 13:46:05 +0000 GMT

Hello guys, I thought I would ask a question in this thread because you were both talking about the fcb 1010. I have been trying to get one of the CV pedals to control the master volume on the mixer, but when i connect the two with belcanto or workbench, it will not give me control of the whole slider, only the +14 side (not the -70 side), which i assume is due to the fact that midi cc cannot send out negative numbers.

just wondering if any of you guys found a work around for this??

Scuz

written by: geert

Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:07:40 +0000 GMT

Hi Scuz,

Could you please provide more details about what you mean with 'CV pedal'? Do you mean the expression pedals connected to the basestation pro?

Best regards,

Geert

Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:13:18 +0000 GMT

hello geert,

I mean one of the two expression pedals on a behringer FCB 1010 midi controller. i only have a pico, so the midi data is coming in via my UA-25 audio interface.

cheers,
scuz

Please log in to join the discussions