Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Deleting/replacing instruments in a rig

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

What you seem to be wanting can be created with Workbench. As I understand it, v2 of EigenD is nearing a stable release, so you could feel comfortable getting Workbench soon.

written by: Scuz793

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:48:25 +0100 BST

Hi guys,

I've been watching the seminars about how to build instruments and it's going ok, but i'm doing it on pico, and once i have an instrument made, i dont know how to access it (i.e. make it one of the 8 instruments that you choose with the mode key). i have tried starting from a blank setup but then i can't figure out how to set up the mode key and all the talkers.

is there a way i can replace some of the existing instruments on the factory setup with my new ones? or, if not, could you provide me with the belcanto i would need to make a setup just like pico factory 1 but with no instruments (just all the mode key talker stuff)

thanks!!

written by: keyman

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:50:32 +0100 BST

Hi, Scuz793

In the end you just want to replace the AU's?? replace the samples in the Sampler players?
Please let me know...

I myself would like to see more belcanto also (used to "construct" the setups), It would allow a sort of "copy/paste", but It gets changed/upgarded... and one thing is connecting cables with workbench, another is writing belcanto; although get's you the same exact result!!

written by: Scuz793

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:32:38 +0100 BST

well, in the end i want all the instruments in the setup to output midi (for controlling lights) at the same time as controlling AU/samplers. i have managed to do this with belcanto (i dont have workbench yet), by just tagging the midi converter on to existing instruments.

this works ok but it means i dont need the midi only instrument, and i only use two samplers any way, which means i could have another two AUs. maybe someone can just make a quick set up, but i would rather learn how to do it myself (teach a man to fish...)

i have 1.4.12 and 2.0.56 but as you say, things change so im not sure whats best to go with for now.

written by: carvingCode

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 23:00:53 +0100 BST

What you seem to be wanting can be created with Workbench. As I understand it, v2 of EigenD is nearing a stable release, so you could feel comfortable getting Workbench soon.

Please log in to join the discussions