Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Breath pipe stopped working

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

Odd... Yes, tried with unmodified Factory. Breath pipe does work with AU/VSTs (was playing with Alchemy and Diva the other evening). Works with Clarinet - verified again last night.

Will try piano sustain and S2 again and let you know.

Thanks.

Randy

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 17:20:10 +0100 BST

Hi -

I haven't used the breath pipe not he Tau for awhile and had removed it. Today, I had a need for it so installed it and tested it with the Factory Setup.

Nothing.

I removed it, inpected the hole and all looked fine. Blew thru the breath pipe and all seemed fine. Reinstalled it and it didn't work. (Tried both the piano sustain and S2).

I checked both 2.0.56-testing and 1.4.12.

I also checked my Pico, whose breath pipe I also had removed. It works fine.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should check on the Tau? I'm sure it's something simple, but as it stands I can't see what may be causing the problem.

TIA

Randy

written by: john

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:11:40 +0100 BST

Hi Randy

Make sure that the breath pipe if fully inserted into the top of the instrument, it's easy to have it only partway in and it won't work if that's the case. If you haven't used it for a while, it might be quite stiff - a little spit will lubricate the 'o' rings (don't use anything else for that, many oils will degrade the plastic and rubber) if needed.

Before you do that make sure that no dust and fluff has got into the small holes in the socket on the instrument. The openings aren't large, and they need to be clear. The pressure opening (the really important one) is on the side of the hole, the bypass air on the bottom.

Hope that helps.

John

Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:26:57 +0100 BST

I inspected the socket and all looks clear. The breath pipe seems to be inserted properly.

Where is the small hole in the socket located? If I look into the socket with the keys facing away/to the front, where is the hole? What's the best way to clear an obstruction if one is found?

TIA

Randy

Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:36:10 +0100 BST

Update:

Breath pipe works on clarinet, but not as sustain for piano or on S2.

This is working with Factory setup (2.0.56-testing). There seems to be a wire out of place. I'll try to track it down later today.

Randy

Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:29:48 +0100 BST

Did anyone from EigenLabs confirm that the Tau Factory setup (v2.0.56-testing) have/does not have the problems I outlined above?

Randy

written by: geert

Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:11:39 +0100 BST

Hi Randy,

This works find in the Tau Factory Setup for 2.0.56, are you absolutely certain that you're trying this with a vanilla unmodified factory setup? If the breath pipe works on clarinet, it should be fine. Did you try activating it in the AU/VST routing matrix to see if it works there?

Best regards,

Geert

Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:39:44 +0100 BST

Odd... Yes, tried with unmodified Factory. Breath pipe does work with AU/VSTs (was playing with Alchemy and Diva the other evening). Works with Clarinet - verified again last night.

Will try piano sustain and S2 again and let you know.

Thanks.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions