Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: MIDI CCs

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

To use workbench only...

Proceed as above to create the number of outputs on the gateway you need for parameter(s)

Wire the Alpha Keyboard pressure output (or roll or yaw) to the parameters on the outside of the gateway.

Click on each wire with the edit tool.

In the filter box, type the number of the key you want to use.

Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:24:42 +0100 BST

Is there an way to assign a set of MIDI CCs to specific keys. That is shuch that, say the percussion keys could have individual CCs assigned to each keys pressure (or other) movement?

written by: bhinton

Fri, 6 Jul 2012 22:26:34 +0100 BST

I'm not sure about Belcanto and Workbench but this is pretty easy to set up in Plogue Bidule - and almost certainly (but with more difficulty) in Max.
I'm about to try something that depends on such a feature - setting up the Tau with a large keygroup dedicated solely to controlling external virtual modular synths (Bazille and Zebra). This means being able to do stuff like having four keys and all of their potential output types (aftertouch, roll, yaw etc) control , say, a comb filter, while another four keys control a VCF, another four a second comb filter, another four trigger pre-built re-patching, etc.
After a bit of time with Workbench I'm definitely going the Bidule route - hosting it as an AU that then hosts the synth AU's - because it has so many filtering and remapping modules for midi and so much OSC support. But I'm still finding workbench somewhat difficult to grok in comparison.

written by: dhjdhj

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 00:02:05 +0100 BST

I don't know about Bidule but it's trivial with the Max system I'm using to interface with the Eigenharp over OSC and in fact I use this trick in quite a few songs.

written by: keyman

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 05:02:58 +0100 BST

Hi, Mike...

I'm sure you remember Geert's Alpha_MIDI_From_Scratch
In this setup a 3rd Kgroup (bottom keys row - keys 24-48-72-96-120) handles these "special Midi controller keys " thru the Routing Matrix.

Workbench make everything Eigenrelated dead easy, just a few "cables" here and there.

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:00:34 +0100 BST

Thanks...

@keyman: Thanks for reconnecting me with that it had become a faint echo that I could not quite determine the direction of.

@bhinton: I have bidule but will try the internal path first. I actually find workbench quite easy to use compared to bidule. 'Likely just a matter of familiarity.

@dhjdhj: I'm not really a max person but thanks for chiming in for others who may be.

written by: keyman

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:44:17 +0100 BST

@mikemilton:
Can be a bit "tricky and bumpy" to follow the exact Belcanto in that script and adapt it to 2.0, let me know if you can't "sail the boat to the shore"...

written by: dhjdhj

Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:51:10 +0100 BST

@mikemilton
Yeah, just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea that it might be harder than it actually is.

I threw an example of how to do this into my max4eigenharp blog.

http://max4eigenharp.com/?p=66

Sun, 8 Jul 2012 11:32:01 +0100 BST

@keyman

Thanks... The answer seems to be to connect the desired key behaviour of some individual keys to the midi converter parameters.

Haven't done that yet but it sounds reasonably straight forward.

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 20:55:40 +0100 BST

Ok... If you want to do this here is how in V2.

I'm using the percussions keys. They start with 121.

-Open midi rig 1 (or 2, if you like)
-Inside the rig, Open the gateway and add an output
-name the output 'parameter 13'
-wire parameter 13 in the midi converter agent to the output you just created.

In commander, enter:
"alpha keyboard 1 key 121 pressure output to midi rig 1 parameter 13 connect"
and press enter

You can substitute your preferred motion for pressure.

In EigenD open the window "midi converter 1' and connect parameter 13 to whatever CC you like.

repeat for other keys/parameters

Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:18:46 +0100 BST

To use workbench only...

Proceed as above to create the number of outputs on the gateway you need for parameter(s)

Wire the Alpha Keyboard pressure output (or roll or yaw) to the parameters on the outside of the gateway.

Click on each wire with the edit tool.

In the filter box, type the number of the key you want to use.

Please log in to join the discussions