Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Controlling the Channel Mixer (etc)

Most Recent

written by: geert

For those that weren't in yesterday's clubhouse, this can simply be done by connecting for instance the strip position output to the console mixer's volume, it will automatically do the right thing. If you want to change the range, you can put a ranger agent in the middle. If you want to control a wet/dry mix, you could put an inverted ranger alongside a direct connection and have that inverted ranger output connected to the FX volume. The will both work together and as one volume goes up, the other will go down.

HTH,

Geert

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:31:55 +0100 BST

Is there a way to assign controllers to the parameters of the channel mixer (or other agents with what look like fixed settings when clicked with the edit tools)?

My specific application is to dynamically adjust the wet/dry mix of a guitar pedal board I've routed through via my audio interface but there are any number of things that might be interesting to animate or readjust on the fly as well.

One can use MIDI for external units, but it would be more elegant, even in those cases, to be more direct.

There are other applications that come to mind:
- changing PB curve and amount on the fly (to switch between stepped and smooth bends and or small, octave ranges using a strip controller)
- knob tweaking synth rig parameters and ahdsr values

m

written by: geert

Tue, 3 Jul 2012 07:58:54 +0100 BST

For those that weren't in yesterday's clubhouse, this can simply be done by connecting for instance the strip position output to the console mixer's volume, it will automatically do the right thing. If you want to change the range, you can put a ranger agent in the middle. If you want to control a wet/dry mix, you could put an inverted ranger alongside a direct connection and have that inverted ranger output connected to the FX volume. The will both work together and as one volume goes up, the other will go down.

HTH,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions