Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: U-HE Diva with the Eigenharp = Epic Win!

Most Recent

written by: TomD

it is not mentioned yet in the documentation but if you download the latest diva from here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443

you will find it installs a VST3 as well as au and vst2, and that it responds to note expressions drawn in in cubase.

written by: MarkPowell

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:02:39 +0100 BST

I've just downloaded a copy of u-he's new analogue emulating soft synth, Diva. In the half hour I've played with it it seems a fantastic fit with the Eigenharp. I've got it running in multi-core mode and high quality (on a quad core 2.3Ghz Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM), hosted as a VST in EigenD and it's sounding amazing. There are some really nice warm and percussive sounds in there that work brilliantly with the Eigenharp keys and strip controllers. There's a demo version that you can download and it works fully, but just inserts white noise every now and then; I'd strongly recommend anyone on here to have a play.

For some reason the AU version doesn't fire up in EigenD for me, but the VST version works great.

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:13:59 +0100 BST

Yep, it's pretty neat.
Currently only aftertouch (and of course velocity) is supported as per-key parameter, all the rest will be global for all voices.
The dev wrote that he considers adding a "multi-mono" mode later on, that would allow to control many additional parameters per voice/key (pitch bend, volume, modulation etc.)

written by: carvingCode

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 02:47:26 +0100 BST

Great sound and great control possibilities. Zebra is nice also.

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:31:02 +0100 BST

Thanks for the update NothanUmber. I was loving the aftertouch control when playing yesterday, but was mainly playing monophonic stuff, so didn't realise that the other parameters were global. Does that include pitch-bend?

CarvinCode - you're right about Zebra. ACE is good as well, and a bargain at 69 eur. Times are hard at the minute though, so I can't stretch to three. ;-)

written by: NothanUmber

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:13:38 +0100 BST

Yes, pitch bend is global atm. As said, this might be subject to change.

Perhaps it helps to directly ask the developer for that feature, so he sees, that Geert and I (who already specifically asked for it) are not the two only individuals on the planet who might benefit from this feature :)

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:03:51 +0100 BST

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for clarifying and I'll get in touch.

It'll be interesting to see what it does to the processor load if he does implement more per-key parameters. After I'd finished yesterday, with 2 Divas and on ACE hosted in EigenD, you could have cooked eggs on the bottom of my MBP!

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:59:36 +0100 BST

Diva is extremely processor intensive. Not sure I'd want to rely on multiple instances for a live project, even with the current best processor.

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:22:38 +0100 BST

To be honest I was expecting it to struggle, but it seemed to work fine, even in Divine mode. Wouldn't have liked to have had the laptop on my lap though! :-)

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:23:19 +0100 BST

That said, I was only noodling, so maybe it would have ended in catastrophe if I'd tried doing anything particularly complicated.

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:00:27 +0100 BST

Some of the low, rumbling bass or pad patches from Diva sound good along with some of those shimmery patches in Alchemy.

Oh, the possibilities. :)

written by: MiiMCorp

Thu, 28 Jun 2012 03:58:48 +0100 BST

Hi,
Give the www.xils-lab.com synths a try. If you like them, write me and I will give you a discount code

michael@miimcorp.com

written by: dhjdhj

Thu, 28 Jun 2012 06:31:52 +0100 BST

Dump that horrible copy protection and I'd buy in a second!

Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:41:50 +0100 BST

I'm not against soft-synth houses copy protecting their work. They are mostly small companies and can't afford to lose sales to theft. As long as the copy protection method allows you to install on all of the PCs you use, I see no problem.

Randy

written by: dhjdhj

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:43:31 +0100 BST

I have no problem with the copy protection scheme used by Diva, which everyone is raving about here (and rightly so, I've been using it (and zebra) since they were each introduced. But I've been bitten too many times by iLok and eLicenser such that I won't use any product that uses those particular methods.

Wed, 2 Jan 2013 12:40:15 +0000 GMT

I'm also a big Diva fan.

Diva is now VST3 and responds to note expression - ie per note modulation of all the usual modulators. But you can't send that data over midi.

will EigenD host a VST3 and map eigenharp per note expression to vst3 note expression? If so that might just about overcome my many other reservations about the Eigenharp platform.

written by: geert

Wed, 2 Jan 2013 13:17:39 +0000 GMT

Where did you see Diva is VST3 now? I can't find any information about that anywhere (nor on the U-he website, nor on KVR).

Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:03:51 +0000 GMT

it is not mentioned yet in the documentation but if you download the latest diva from here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443

you will find it installs a VST3 as well as au and vst2, and that it responds to note expressions drawn in in cubase.

Please log in to join the discussions