Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Music for Picos

Most Recent

written by: niksilver

(Sigh) You'd think writing a short web page would be pretty foolproof, wouldn't you? Corrected now, thanks.

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:36:41 +0100 BST

I've started a wiki page for music suitable for a Pico. If you've found a piece on the web that's a good Pico piece then it would be good to list it there and so create a small collection.

written by: john

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:21:31 +0100 BST

Hi Nik

That page is a great idea and I suspect will be very helpful to a lot of players. Many thanks for starting it.

The only thing you might want to do is move it, as you've created it off a part of the official documentation rather than the user contributed area, which means it's versioned according to the software release (note the '1.4' in the URL). This means that as soon as 2.0 is moved into Stable (any week now) it will cease to be visible to users unless they explicitly change version in the toolbar at the top and if we ever retire 1.4 for good it will get deleted. I suspect that you didn't intend this as it seems a resource that is very general and should have a great long term life. A better page to hang it off might be:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Eigenharp_Pico/

The easiest way is to just make a new page off there I think, and cut and paste the content into it. Crude, but I don't think we have a better mechanism. Please let me know if you'd like any assistane.

Let's see if we can get some contributions going, and maybe we should section it by the setup that's being run? I suspect that Robin may have some music that needs Fingerer by now, for example, and there's about to be a simple Factory setup for Fingerer.

John

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:38:31 +0100 BST

Thanks, John, I've made that change, and took the liberty of tidying up the Eigenharp Pico page while I was at it.

written by: john

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:50:43 +0100 BST

Hi Nik

That's great. I just noticed that the external link to the score for that piece ended at a 404 error for me, is it ok for you?

John

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:21:03 +0100 BST

(Sigh) You'd think writing a short web page would be pretty foolproof, wouldn't you? Corrected now, thanks.

Please log in to join the discussions