Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD don't start

Most Recent

written by: Low_Pressure

Thanks Geer, I'll try it after a little field trip i'm going into. Won't be able to mess about with my home pc for a while.

Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:21:56 +0100 BST

All right, guys, now i'm really counting on someones help. USB-drive with my new pico seems to be corrupted - i downloaded this amazingly large image. I installed resources, installed the latest testing version (where's stable anyway, or do i need it at all?). Now try to launch eigend.exe and it shows me: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/20120615010424.png/

What's wrong with software for win7? And houldn't eigenharp work as midi controller right out from the box?

written by: keyman

Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:54:28 +0100 BST

Don't let the usb-drive take away all the fun with your Pico.

Please uninstall and reinstall if you are sure that you have eigend-resources ( did you try to Download the Segmented image?)

Install eigend-windows-drivers 1.0.8

There is a lot of cases in the forum you can do a search...

Hope everything goes ok.

keyman

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:41:31 +0100 BST

I already downloaded and installed both of them, keyman but thanks for the suggestion anyway. The problem is that EigenD don't start, giving me a error, which is shown on the following screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/20120615010424.png/

I believe EigenD's copying some of it's files to Users/{user} directory, but it failes, becase of the cyrillic letters in the name of the user. Man, am i the only one here with non-latin letters in the username? Is there some kind of a workaround?

written by: john

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:34:45 +0100 BST

Hi

We're looking into this here, but first impression is that you're probably right, it's the cyrillic characters in your username causing the problem. I don't believe we've ever had a player with that issue before.

This may end up being quite a difficult thing to fix - we'll see if we can figure out workaroud in the meantime. We'll keep you posted.

John

written by: john

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:33:52 +0100 BST

We've had a good look at this now. It's quite a tough problem and is going to take some time to fix as it involves quite a few software changes - it turns out that there is a bug in the version of Python (one of the langauges that we use in EigenD) we use and the way it interacts with other parts of the system in it's handling of non-western characters. It's not in our code, it's a bad interaction with other parts of the system and seems to be confined to Windows, which treats characters in filenames in a non standard (ie, not UTF8) way.

We have figured out a way to deal with this, but it involves quite a few code changes in a number of places, some of which are important and therefore require proper testing before release. For these reasons we will not be able to release a version containing that fix in the next few days, it will certainly take longer than that. We will let you know when make a release that contains the fix.

In the meantime the simplest workaround (and I'm sure that this has already ocurred to you) is to install and run EigenD as a different username, one that does not contain any cyrillic characters. This should get you by untill we can get a version out that deals with it in a more satisfactory manner.

John

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:09:09 +0100 BST

Thanks John! I tried it yesterday, it does work on another profile with latin characters in name. I also have a feeling that there was some way to rename a profile in win7, i'll try it too and will let you know if it work out or not.

written by: geert

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:06:49 +0100 BST

Hi Low_Pressure,

I used this earlier today to go the opposite route to work on the problem (ie. add non latin characters to my profile dir): http://www.fixya.com/support/r463850-rename_or_move_user_profile_folder

It worked fine, maybe this will help you too.

Take care,

Geert

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:29:00 +0100 BST

Thanks Geer, I'll try it after a little field trip i'm going into. Won't be able to mess about with my home pc for a while.

Please log in to join the discussions