Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tutorials: Creating a split keyboard (Workbench)

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

The tutorial above has been put back online with an addendum about the possible need for channels and filters in complex setups.

The tutorial covers some techniques that may be relevant to those learning about Workbench. I didn't see the benefit in keeping it offline until I could figure out the above details.

Randy

Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:02:45 +0100 BST

Here's a tutorial for creating keyboard splits/ -- two keygroups -- using Workbench.

written by: geert

Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:15:56 +0100 BST

Just reposting a part of what has been said on Google+.

This is a great tutorial, thanks a lot for writing it up. You're just missing some channels and filtering.

You typically need to use separate channels for each keygroup going to the same instrument. Each keygroup can have a different layout, scale, tonic, ... that needs to be combined with key, roll, yaw, pressure, ... A channel bundles all outgoing wires from an agent together so that the receiving end can tell which ones belong together. Without putting each keygroup into a separate channel, there's no way for the receiving agent to tell which information has to be evaluated together.

Filter are the opposite, they allow you to unbundle data at the receiving end. When data is channeled it typically stays that way until you filter it.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:17:48 +0100 BST

The tutorial above has been put back online with an addendum about the possible need for channels and filters in complex setups.

The tutorial covers some techniques that may be relevant to those learning about Workbench. I didn't see the benefit in keeping it offline until I could figure out the above details.

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions