Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Extension

Most Recent

written by: john

Yes, that was the idea, and the power supply arrangements should allow both to be powered from one, saving you from having any mains electricity on stage near you. It's quite a complicated bit of VHDL (the language used to create the firmware logic in the FPGA's) though as far as I recall, and as a result uses up quite a bit of the chip's silicon. After a number of mods that happened after launch to support better startup behaviour and other things I'm not sure of there was enough room left. I'll have a look next week and see what the situation is in reality, as it would be nice if this could be got to work.

John

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:22:35 +0100 BST

Has the extension capability between base stations been implemented?

Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:42:10 +0100 BST

This is going to sound funny, but we're not sure. Phil (who designed the firmware for them) left us last year and we don't know if he got it in or not - there was some debate as to whether or not there was room for the logic in the FPGA's after some other changes used up some of the available gate count.

I'll try and find out the status of that and let you know. It would be nice to have it work if we can.

John

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:07:44 +0100 BST

Thanks.

I was thinking that using the small base station by the computer would let me have the pro near the instrument for pedals.

computer>USB>BS>24m extension>BSPro+Pedals>6m cable>Alpha

I guess, this was the original plan?

Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:55:07 +0100 BST

Yes, that was the idea, and the power supply arrangements should allow both to be powered from one, saving you from having any mains electricity on stage near you. It's quite a complicated bit of VHDL (the language used to create the firmware logic in the FPGA's) though as far as I recall, and as a result uses up quite a bit of the chip's silicon. After a number of mods that happened after launch to support better startup behaviour and other things I'm not sure of there was enough room left. I'll have a look next week and see what the situation is in reality, as it would be nice if this could be got to work.

John

Please log in to join the discussions