Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Alternative Agent Buttons

Most Recent

written by: keyman

I do tend to use more and more the Magic Trackpad (truly for some time now) easier to jump from MBP to iMac.
Would love some more integration/configuration !!

António

written by: carvingCode

Thu, 17 May 2012 18:50:45 +0100 BST

Alternative Agent Buttons

Not the most graphically pleasing prototype, but the idea may be worth considering.

The small buttons we need to click when adding/modifying agents are a problem that could be solved by replacing them with larger, color-coded, more accurately labeled ones. The example above is one idea.

written by: alistair

Thu, 17 May 2012 20:03:24 +0100 BST

Hi Randy, I've noticed a few people are finding these buttons a bit on the small side. Note that you can simply click the port that is displaying the buttons with the create tool (+) or the delete tool (-). This has the same effect as clicking on the button with any tool, ie it will display the create or delete port dialog.

Alistair

Fri, 18 May 2012 00:27:02 +0100 BST

Thanks, Alistair. Are there any modifier key additions planned?

Randy

Fri, 18 May 2012 09:27:32 +0100 BST

I'm sure we will be adding some more at some time soon. Let me know if there is anything specific you would find useful.

Alistair

written by: 0beron

Fri, 18 May 2012 11:34:17 +0100 BST

Just some single key shortcuts for the tools would be great, then you can have one hand on the keyboard and another on the mouse, and that frees you up to do creation, wiring, editing etc without the cursor having to leave the main canvas area or requiring multiple clicks in the right click menu.

Also can the mac trackpad gestures be altered to give scrolling with two fingers rather than zoom (which could be pinch instead or just left to the zoom tool). I find myself wanting to pan a lot more often than zoom and this should be possible without having to swap to the hand tool to drag the canvas.

Fri, 18 May 2012 14:12:43 +0100 BST

Hi Robin - I don't know if you are aware of it, but pressing and holding the spacebar down swaps the tool temporarily to the move tool. When you release it it goes back to the tool you were on before.

We probably need to think about the trackpad stuff - but there seem to be as many different opinions on what it should do as there are people you ask. Maybe we should make it configerable.

Another thing which I'm trying out and seems to help with all this panning and zooming is the ability to click on a wire to automatically pan the view to the agent at the other end (cmd click to go the other way) . It seems quite good but has a few issues to iron out at the moment.

Alistair

Fri, 18 May 2012 14:17:09 +0100 BST

Thanks for info on spacebar. The panning mod may be useful. Also something similar for zoom would help.

Randy

written by: keyman

Fri, 18 May 2012 15:44:23 +0100 BST

I do tend to use more and more the Magic Trackpad (truly for some time now) easier to jump from MBP to iMac.
Would love some more integration/configuration !!

António

Please log in to join the discussions