Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Keymaps essential for mode keys / outputs?

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi 0beron,

Thanks a lot for the report, this was indeed a bug but it's already fixed. The current Git repo works correctly for this. It'll be available with the next release.

Take care,

Geert

written by: 0beron

Tue, 15 May 2012 22:33:15 +0100 BST

I'm in the middle of my illuminator tutorial, and I'm making a pico setup with a keygroup that has two outputs. The keygroup when first created and hooked up to a scaler / instrument, gets all the keys of the upstream keyboard agent and plays just fine. Once I add the 2nd keygroup output, this still works. If I connect up a mode key to switch between the outputs, then I can't see the red/green lights for the outputs until I set the musical keymap with the chooser. Can someone confirm this using 2.0.48? The workbench tutorial on keygroups (which I'm kind of relying on people going through before doing anything with the illuminator) makes no mention of having to choose the keymap, but explains all about mode keys. Was there a version prior to 2.0.48 where the keygroup default mapping applied to the keygroup output controls?

Either my setup is misconfigured or the tutorial needs updating with some instructions on how to use the chooser.

Edit: I think this goes back as far as 2.0.44, and relies on the physical keymap being set. This gets set as a side effect of choosing the musical map.

written by: geert

Wed, 16 May 2012 08:27:37 +0100 BST

Hi 0beron,

Thanks a lot for the report, this was indeed a bug but it's already fixed. The current Git repo works correctly for this. It'll be available with the next release.

Take care,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions