Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Light Connections

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

Good point Geert - I had not thought of that.

@Mark. Well, I too have gotten fast at the task making it trivial (for you and me) and the approach of adding a couple of setups at an appropriate time would address people who are new, do not have workbench and might be challenged by typing in the belcanto. Although a set of scripts would also address the issue a few setups would likely be easier for everyone involved.

Tue, 15 May 2012 16:59:11 +0100 BST

FWIW, a minor detail but there are not yet light connections in the MIDI rigs' gateways for Alpha 1.

Also, the default is not to pre-connect them back to the keygroup. Would it make more sense to connect them by default?

written by: geert

Wed, 16 May 2012 08:03:10 +0100 BST

Thanks for reporting this Mike, I'll make the required improvements.

We're not connecting them up by default since the standard factory setups are created to be exactly as in EigenD 1. We'll work on some additional factory setups in the future that will use now EigenD 2 features, like the tonic light.

written by: MarkPowell

Wed, 16 May 2012 08:25:10 +0100 BST

I agree with Mike on this one. I can see the point of consistency from 1 to 2, but I'd imagine more people would want the illuminated tonics than didn't? Personally, the first thing I do every time I install a new version is reconnect the light connections (including creating the light connection on the MIDI rigs) and save as a user setup. It only takes five minutes now I know what to do, but I'd be turning cartwheels up and down the street if it were done by default.

written by: geert

Wed, 16 May 2012 08:58:53 +0100 BST

Hi Mark,

As soon as we enter the testing releases of EigenD, you can continue to use setups of previous releases, so that should solve your minor annoyance.

The reason why we don't change anything at all to the standard factory setups is because it would require us to reshoot all the tutorial videos and go over all the official documentation. That's quite a large effort that would take a lot of resources. As said to Mike, we will be creating other example setups, like the modular synth one right now, where more features of EigenD 2 are used.

Take care,

Geert

Wed, 16 May 2012 10:19:20 +0100 BST

Good point Geert - I had not thought of that.

@Mark. Well, I too have gotten fast at the task making it trivial (for you and me) and the approach of adding a couple of setups at an appropriate time would address people who are new, do not have workbench and might be challenged by typing in the belcanto. Although a set of scripts would also address the issue a few setups would likely be easier for everyone involved.

Please log in to join the discussions