Forum rss-feed

Forum

Workbench: Turning breath control off for S2

Most Recent

written by: MarkPowell

I've been trying to disconnect the breath input from Scaler 2, so thanks to everyone who contributed here. I thought it worth adding that, when you remove the breath wire going into the rig, you do indeed need to change the volume on the 'Gain' agent. To do this:

* Open the Sampler 2 rig;
* Remove the wire that runs from the 'Ranger' agent to the Volume on the Gain agent - this allows you to modify the volume by hand;

Doing the above will give a fixed volume on the sampler. If you want to make it based on the pressure with which you hit the key on the keyboard, connect a new wire from the Volume Output (under Outputs) on the AHDSR 1 agent and going into the Volume on the Gain agent. This will dynamically change the volume based upon the strength of your key-press.

written by: carvingCode

Mon, 14 May 2012 01:51:12 +0100 BST

This used to work in v1.4.x

gain 3 volume input un connect

gain 3 volume to 1 set

Should it also work in v2.x?

written by: keyman

Mon, 14 May 2012 02:52:53 +0100 BST

of course not... not in 2.x like that;
You have to correct, and call everything by it's current name, starting with it's rig:

sampler rig 2 hey
gain 1 volume input un connect
sampler rig 2 hey
gain volume to 1 set

Sorry to ask don't you have workbench?? this is just way to easier to achieve!!

let me know if you would like to reconnect it back the way it was...

Mon, 14 May 2012 18:25:23 +0100 BST

Thanks, keyman. Yes, forgot about things being organized in rigs.

I do have Workbench. But remembered that I did this thru Belcanto previously so thought I'd use that method again. BTW: I did delete the breath wire coming out of Sampler Rig 2, but it had no effect. That's why I thought I'd try Belcanto.

Thanks for your help.

Randy

Mon, 14 May 2012 22:42:50 +0100 BST

Worked beautiful, keyman. Thanks again.

written by: 0beron

Tue, 15 May 2012 09:34:34 +0100 BST

If you delete the breath wire going IN to rig 2 then it should work. The port on the rig gateway might be called anything (like volume), so you need to track down the breath signal coming from the keygroup and work out where that goes. Then you might need to open the rig and edit its properties to raise the volume above 0. Doing that in workbench is the equivalent of keyman's belcanto script above.

Tue, 15 May 2012 16:10:03 +0100 BST

Yes, I may have neglected to turn up the volume. Will try again.

written by: 0beron

Tue, 15 May 2012 16:21:03 +0100 BST

Meant to say 'open the rig and edit the gain agent inside' rather than edit the rig.

written by: MarkPowell

Sat, 19 May 2012 21:18:49 +0100 BST

I've been trying to disconnect the breath input from Scaler 2, so thanks to everyone who contributed here. I thought it worth adding that, when you remove the breath wire going into the rig, you do indeed need to change the volume on the 'Gain' agent. To do this:

* Open the Sampler 2 rig;
* Remove the wire that runs from the 'Ranger' agent to the Volume on the Gain agent - this allows you to modify the volume by hand;

Doing the above will give a fixed volume on the sampler. If you want to make it based on the pressure with which you hit the key on the keyboard, connect a new wire from the Volume Output (under Outputs) on the AHDSR 1 agent and going into the Volume on the Gain agent. This will dynamically change the volume based upon the strength of your key-press.

Please log in to join the discussions