Forum Archive

Forum

General Discussion: RSS feed for releases

Most Recent

written by: john

There is now an RSS/Atom feed for new releases in all the branches, Stable, Testing and Unstable.

written by: geert

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:28:35 +0100 BST

Wouldn't it be useful to setup an RSS feed for the releases. That way everyone can easily be notified when a new version is available.

written by: fzzzy

Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:28:23 +0100 BST

Yes, please, this would be very, very nice.

Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:36:10 +0100 BST

Patrick is going to add an RSS feed for the Wiki shortly, but it's probably not necessary for new releases, as each branch now has independent notification in in the running software that a new release is available for that branch. It checks to see if an update is available every time you run it.

John

written by: geert

Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:47:49 +0100 BST

Hi John,

New releases mean that there are changes to what I'm used to or expect, which can be both good or bad. When I launch EigenD to get ready for a practice session or what not, I'm rarely prepared to deal with the oddities of a new release. So while it's nice to have the software check for new versions, I usually check the website myself each day independently to see what's new because I know I'll have to plan for additional time in my schedule to upgrade to it. That's why I think an RSS feed would be handy, new releases of any branch would simply appear in Mail.

Take care,

Geert

Wed, 12 May 2010 15:15:07 +0100 BST

There is now an RSS/Atom feed for new releases in all the branches, Stable, Testing and Unstable.

Please log in to join the discussions