Forum Archive

Forum

Pico: Serious problems...need help :-(

Most Recent

written by: stuwyatt

I think he solved the problem by installing the latest version of EigenD according to this thread - http://eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/295/

written by: benjamind2008

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:58:58 +0000 GMT

I thought I'd give my Pico a test run for the first time tonight.
I ran the EigenD software, and set the Clarinet mode

I try to play the Clarinet, and it seems to work but it's like when I press a key it seems to sound like the key is being pressed on and off and on and off, really fast.
I notice this on the piano too, when I press a key I get repeated notes, really quick repeated notes.
And often the metronome keeps going on (even when I don't want it on). I keep trying to turn it off, and it just keeps turning on again, or turns off, intermittently.

Can anyone help me, I feel like ripping my hair out. This is sooooo frustrating.
Please help :-(

written by: geert

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:45:44 +0000 GMT

Di you install the latest version of the EigenD software, which you can download from this site? Also, are you certain your breath pipe isn't blocked (there's a FAQ about that). If with the latest version of EigenD you can't get it to work, I'd send a message to Eigenlabs support. You might maybe have a faulty instrument, nobody has mentioned problems like this before.

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:01:35 +0000 GMT

Something else that I'm thinking of, if you really don't press at all on the keys and barely touch them while keeping your hands on the same position ... you get quick notes being pressed on and off. This is because the Pico's keys are so sensitive. You have to provide a very slight amount of pressure. Maybe that's the reason for what's happening for you?

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:25:49 +0000 GMT

What version of OSX are you running, and do you know your system specs (processor speed & ram)?

Make sure that you close down any other applications that you might have open if you have limited Ram (i.e. 2GB like myself), and consider doing a fresh reboot before you start up EigenD.

As already stated, the keys are VERY sensitive, and react to the slightest touch/brush.

I hope you get the issue solved.

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:07:01 +0000 GMT

But why does the metronome keep getting turned on and off intermittently then?
I know the keys are sensitive, sure they are, but this is bordering on absolutely ridiculous.
If I turn the metronome off then it should simply stay off, and if I turned it on, likewise. I'm talking about the round button next to the main mode button, which seems to be a simple switch. So it's not like it's one of the square keys.

Hope I'm not misunderstood.

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:07:56 +0000 GMT

Anyway, just for some clarification. I purchased this through JRR Shop in the USA.
I live in Australia.

If indeed I have a faulty unit, I will be sending it directly to Eigenlabs, no question about it. If I have a faulty unit I will discuss the issue with customer support as to what options I have.

I can't freaking believe it, this is a joke, here I am in Australia, and thinking perhaps I have a dud unit. I feel like jumping out of a 10th storey window! Because I'm not sure Eigenlabs is going to be willing to help me out.

Ben

Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:10:58 +0000 GMT

You never replied to my initial questions. Did you install the latest software release? Did you check your breath pipe?

written by: aaronw

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:13:35 +0000 GMT

Dear Ben,

Please do check that you are running the latest version of EigenD - you can download the latest update from our software page.

If you continue to have problems please do email me directly on support@eigenlabs.com or give me a call on +44 (0)1392 823000 between 9am - 8pm (GMT) and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:47:56 +0000 GMT

I think he solved the problem by installing the latest version of EigenD according to this thread - http://eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/295/

Please log in to join the discussions