Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Anyone else getting echo on Samplers 3/4 in unstable 7?

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi all,

The delay effect in question with the Alpha Setup is actually an EigenD delay plug-in, not an Audio Unit plug-in. There is currently no method of changing what is currently loaded into this particular FX Send, or a GUI to allow you to change the parameters - this is all being addressed with the pending Workbench release. You do however have the two Audio Units connected to FX Sends, which allow you all the usual configurability of an Audio Unit within the EigenD software.

Regarding the lack of ability to show the GUIs in the Pico Setup, I am adding some scripts in the latest unstable release which allows you to show the Inline AU FX GUIs. They will appear under 'Factory Scripts' in the Script Browser.

I hope this goes some way to resolving your issues.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: barnone

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 01:15:55 +0000 GMT

I can't figure this out. It of course is probably related to the Alpha configuration in unstable 7 which I have been having some issues with.

Sampler 3 and 4 put an echo on the samples loaded into slots 3 and 4. Browsing the FX, I am not seeing any loaded. If I load the samples into slot 1, no echo.

written by: geert

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:49:36 +0000 GMT

I had something similar happening when using the factory setup on my Pico. It didn't happen when using any existing user setups. However, I remembered that initially this didn't happen when I first tried out unstable 7. So, I removed some of the dirs in the ~/Library/Eigenlabs and ~/Library/Eigenlabs/1.1.0-unstable7 directories. I think they were 'audio', 'cache', 'global', 'log' and 'tmp'. After that, the echo on the samplers was gone. Might want to give it a try.

written by: catoro

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 08:51:10 +0000 GMT

I had the same problem and I cleaned up the installation (basically I removed everything and installed again starting from version 1.012 complete and updating to the latest stable and unstable versions on the web) it worked like a charm...

I guess that what geert proposes is less radical and it should work,

Regards.

Carlos

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:08:28 +0000 GMT

Hey, thx guys. Glad I asked.

Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:09:44 +0000 GMT

So this worked for you too?

Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:55:42 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

Thank you for posting. It sounds like there are two issues here:

The 'echo' on Sampler 3 in the Factory Alpha Setups is the Eigenlabs delay plug-in - the FX send level can be adjusted within the Advanced Mixer control mode. If you navigate to this mode (please consult your Quick Reference Guide for details), then press the 'Mixer browse' key whilst the EigenBrowser is open, it will give you a list of the available mixer channels sorted by the instrument that they are connect to in the left hand pane, with the volume levels of each channel in the right hand pane. If you select 'Sampler 3' in the left hand pane you will get more details about that mixer channel, e.g. pan and FX send levels, including the 'delay FX' level. This level can be adjusted - if you notice the diagram on page 15, it explains how to adjust the send levels of each of the individual instruments. If you use the control nudger marked 'D' with the Sampler 3 shaded area on the diagram on page 15, you will notice that the 'delay FX' value will adjust accordingly - you can then adjust the relevant send levels to your personal taste.

However, the echo in the Pico Factory Setup should not be there - if anyone has this problem again, would you mind sending a bug report?

Many thanks

Sam

Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:03:05 +0000 GMT

Hi sam, I just sent a bug report with an upgraded user setup that started to exhibit this piano modular effect. Switched to factory setup afterwards, and the modulation is still there.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:13:37 +0000 GMT

Seems somehow the inline FX for sampler 3 was adding a modulation effect. If I bypass it, it goes away. Shame though that we can't show the GUI on an inline FX when it's been hidden. No way if knowing what is really going on.

Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:45:14 +0000 GMT

My confusion was know ing there was some effect in FX slot but no indication which one and as Geert said, trying to bring up UI doesn't do anything. There is also no green LED selection that tells you what FX is in the slot.

In unstable 7 I was not able to replace it with an AU effect or remove it entirely. I'll try again and give more feedback if problem persists. It should be possible to empty the FX slots rather than having to turn down the sends I would think.

Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:11:26 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

The delay effect in question with the Alpha Setup is actually an EigenD delay plug-in, not an Audio Unit plug-in. There is currently no method of changing what is currently loaded into this particular FX Send, or a GUI to allow you to change the parameters - this is all being addressed with the pending Workbench release. You do however have the two Audio Units connected to FX Sends, which allow you all the usual configurability of an Audio Unit within the EigenD software.

Regarding the lack of ability to show the GUIs in the Pico Setup, I am adding some scripts in the latest unstable release which allows you to show the Inline AU FX GUIs. They will appear under 'Factory Scripts' in the Script Browser.

I hope this goes some way to resolving your issues.

Sam

Please log in to join the discussions