Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Trashing old versions?

Most Recent

written by: catoro

I deleted everything (including the contents of the pi directory) and used the 1.012 complete package, from that point you can update to version 1.014 without any problems.
If you have any user configurations (Setups, etc) you must save them before deleting anything.
cheers.

Carlos

written by: Foveus

Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:47:30 +0000 GMT

Every time a new version/update of EigenD is released it seems to add another copy to the hard drive rather than update the current version. I may be mistaken but it seems like there is a lot of redundancy and wasted hard drive space. Is it possible to trash and delete all the previous versions of EigenD without doing any harm?

written by: geert

Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:33:51 +0000 GMT

I've been deleting the folders of the old versions from /Applications and /usr/pi since the beginning, without any side effects. I always keep at least the previous version around though in case there's a major bug in a new version.

written by: catoro

Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:50:03 +0000 GMT

I deleted everything (including the contents of the pi directory) and used the 1.012 complete package, from that point you can update to version 1.014 without any problems.
If you have any user configurations (Setups, etc) you must save them before deleting anything.
cheers.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions