Forum Archive

Forum

Software: EigenD directly on iPad

Most Recent

written by: barnone

Nice dream, but definitely bigger fish to fry with eigenD at the moment.

written by: geert

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:41:52 +0000 GMT

Any ideas about this? I know there's an iPhone app in the works to control a Mac Mini remotely. Any thoughts about running EigenD on the iPad and have a 30 pin connector to plug the Eigenharp in?

The device might be powerful enough.

written by: john

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:02:54 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert

I seriously doubt that it is powerful enough. Audio DSP uses a lot of CPU, particularly for good sounds, and the iPad looks rather weedy. Perhaps in a few years....

John

written by: geert

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:04:15 +0000 GMT

Yeah, you're probably right. However, imagine when that will be possible, just bring your Eigenharp and an iPad to a gig. Awesomeness galore! :-)

written by: stuwyatt

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:38:37 +0000 GMT

It would be nice if it would work, but EigenD needs a dual-core intel machine or above. The processor in the iPad I believe is the same (if not similar) to the current iPhone. Hopefully apple will release a dual-core tablet machine based upon its macbook series one day :)

written by: catoro

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:23:01 +0000 GMT

I Agree with John ... The processor that comes in the Ipad is still a mistery but I guess the power needed to use the iPad seriously as a musical instrument capable of producing sound by itself at this moment is not available ... however I guess the best use for the Ipad will be to install touchOSC and have a quite price friendly Jazzmutant Lemur.

Lets face it, 499 US Dollars is not a bargain but at the same time is not expensive... time will tell...

To me this opens a very interesting possibility for future macbooks (multitouch screens) just imagine having a normal unibody (like the actual ones) and detaching the screen that will act as an iPad, that I will buy for sure!!!

At the moment there is nothing but the size compared to my iPhone.

cheers guys...

Carlos

written by: barnone

Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:54:45 +0000 GMT

Nice dream, but definitely bigger fish to fry with eigenD at the moment.

Please log in to join the discussions