Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Please allow for more than 2 channels Audio out of AU!

Most Recent

written by: expertsleepers

Adding my voice to this one - my Silent Way plug-ins are limited by the same issue. The Silent Way Voice Controller is configured for 6 outputs.

However, rather than having all the complex audio interface set up in EigenD, I'd much rather see an EigenD AU, with a good number of outputs, and then leave all the audio routing/driver setup to the host app.

written by: barnone

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 03:05:12 +0000 GMT

Hi guys,

Playing with some AUs and one thing that is a bummer is that seems that eigenD only allows 2 audio channels out of an AU while any professional DAWs these days allow for multichannel audio. I don't know if this is a real limitation or a configuration that could be corrected in workbench for example.

Multi-channel stuff and surround audio will not work.

There are quite a few plugs that can use more than simple stereo out.

I've got MOTU Volta loaded in eigenD through a little bit of hackery. Basically, It's loaded inside a bidule plugin, because all the audio channels for controlling CV on the modular are after the first 2 channels...3, 4+ etc. So I routed ch 3/4 to 1 and 2 so that I could at least send CV for pitch and GATE to the modular. This is a start and the response is very low latency which is promising, but I don't have channels for velocity and other things that are very important.

If there is a way to simply allow for more than 2 channels of audio to come out of the AUs loaded in eigenD, problem would be solved.

Although, control of what ports stuff is routed to on your sound card is also important. Options are so limited....output is always going to my main outs on a 24 channel interface.

This is not gonna fly in the professional audio world. I hope some other options in the works.

ScreenShot

This plugin can use up to 24 channels of audio! Maybe an extreme example, but lots of other plugs are at least multichannel in some aspect.

written by: geert

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:44:36 +0000 GMT

I've requested this about 2 months ago as I really need it also. They're aware of it and were planning on adding the possibility in a future release. Not sure what the ETA for that is.

written by: expertsleepers

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:46:55 +0000 GMT

Adding my voice to this one - my Silent Way plug-ins are limited by the same issue. The Silent Way Voice Controller is configured for 6 outputs.

However, rather than having all the complex audio interface set up in EigenD, I'd much rather see an EigenD AU, with a good number of outputs, and then leave all the audio routing/driver setup to the host app.

Please log in to join the discussions