Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Problems with changing instruments &rolling back to an earlier version of EigenD

Most Recent

written by: stuwyatt

I did a complete fresh install, and am able use 1.0.6, 1.0.12 and 1.1.0Unstable5, and with it, I did a fresh install of Alchemy. It all seemed to be working fine today. I was blown away with the AU plugin.... I hope that you are able to fix your problem and get back to using Alchemy soon Kayla!
xxx

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:15:08 +0000 GMT

Hi peeps.

I've been having issues with the latest unstable release (1.1.0 Version 5) - in that for some reason, I am not able to change any instrument except Sampler 1. I press the mode key, then button 4... then button 9. That works.... but if I select button 10 upwards, the browser does not change to display what instruments the other samplers are on, nor can I change them. In the same effect, I cannot select or change Audio Unit 1 or Audio Unit 2. I'm running the custom User1 setup by the way. I did try to go back to the factory Pico setting, but the same problem remains. I cannot change any other instrument than Sampler 1.

I then tried loading up EIgenD v1.0.12, and it took an eternity to load up - and when it did, the Pico is unresponsive and none of the lights are switched on. Is this a conflict with setup files or something? Is there a way that I can revert to 1.012 while still being able to try out the unstable release?

Thanks in advance! :)

written by: KaylaK

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 01:34:26 +0000 GMT

I've had a similar problem with Alchemy no longer working with the latest update -

"Error: Could not create config file at location: /Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/AlchemyConfig.txt"

However I must say, the addition of Arturia is absolutely amazing!! Great job there guys :)

K

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 02:05:12 +0000 GMT

I've been playing around more with the problem tonight, and it seems as though you have to press button 11, which then selects sampler 1 (instead of 3). Pressing button 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 does nothing in the browser in Instrument/FX control mode.

Kayla> I haven't been able to use Alchemy yet. I registered it last night, but now I cannot get into the Audio Unit settings to select it. I can't wait, as it sounds awesome :)

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:41:11 +0000 GMT

Alchemy is amazing - I'm really missing it now I can't get to it ... fantastic samples!

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:12:48 +0000 GMT

Did it work fine before you upgraded to the unstable release? I'm trying to find a way to roll back to 1.0.12 so I can give it a go... I can't wait :)

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:12:31 +0000 GMT

I just managed to roll back to 1.0.12 using the method in this thread - http://eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/253/ - but the same problem still exists. I cannot select anything than Sampler1 (though by pressing the button for Sampler 3) in Instrument/FX control.

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:41:04 +0000 GMT

Yep, it worked fine as I used it when I was performing in York ... hopefully it's just a bug fix away to have it back again :)

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:46:10 +0000 GMT

I've just tried a fresh install back to 1.0.6, and the same problem still exists.... HELP!....

Hopefully the wonderful techie team at Eigenlabs can locate the problem. I would love to try EWQL Symphonic Orchestra with the Pico.... and of course to be able to have a go with Alchemy.

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:59:45 +0000 GMT

Hhhmmmm I'm getting more browser problems now. I cannot assign scales either. I'm hoping that my miniDVI-VGA lead arrives tomorrow so that I can do a full-reinstall of the OS (I'm currently having to VNC into the mini mac using my EeePC, which is hardly ideal).

Teething problems aside, I am still extremely happy with the Pico. I know these issues will be resolved soon, and I can't wait to be able to really utilise this instrument. :) x

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 02:11:58 +0000 GMT

PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD

I misunderstood the manual.... and now realise that I have to press the mode key (button 1) before selecting the instrument that I wish to alter. I am so sorry for the noise.

Everything appears to be working as it should....

[hides head in shame and embarrassment]

x

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:22:16 +0000 GMT

Is Alchemy working ok for you? Mine still won't load :(

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:21:17 +0000 GMT

I did a complete fresh install, and am able use 1.0.6, 1.0.12 and 1.1.0Unstable5, and with it, I did a fresh install of Alchemy. It all seemed to be working fine today. I was blown away with the AU plugin.... I hope that you are able to fix your problem and get back to using Alchemy soon Kayla!
xxx

Please log in to join the discussions