Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Pico locks up in record mode

Most Recent

written by: geert

Totally right Steve, I read over that sentence ... too happy to be online again :-)

written by: KaylaK

Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:42:31 +0000 GMT

Hi guys,

I've been rehearsing for my first public performance with the Pico tomorrow night in York Minster, and have been having a lot of problems with the Pico locking up when in record mode. I was originally trying to use four instruments (piano, cello, clarinet and alchemy) all looped simultaneously but was advised elsewhere on this board that I was perhaps being a bit greedy :) So I downsized, and am just using piano and clarinet. However, when swapping between instruments in record mode the whole instrument goes 'blank' (all lights switch off) and there is a pause of about 10 seconds until it catches up. Is this a known issue?

As I'm keen to use the Eigenharp as a live looping tool primarily it'd be fantastic if it would be possible to loop more than one or two simultaneously!

Many thanks,

Kayla

Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:55:26 +0000 GMT

Hi Kayla,

I'm having the same problem and Eigenlabs is aware of it.

I know what's causing it though, each time you stop a recording EigenD stores a file on your hard drive and I think it might be indexing or analyzing all the previous ones. Just open ~/Library/Eigenlabs/1.0.9/recorder in the finder (shift-command-G) and delete everything in that directory.

Restart EigenD as a precautionary matter, and you're back a fresh and fast slate :-)

I'm looping 4 instruments simultaneously without any trouble. Your Mac might have trouble keeping of though, if that's the case, I suggest you look into CoolBook. This tool has more doubled the performance of my Mac for audio-related real-time applications on every Mac that I set it up on: http://eigenzone.org/2009/12/07/performance-tip-check-out-coolbook/

Good luck with your concert, I hope this helped.

Take care,

Geert

written by: KaylaK

Sat, 9 Jan 2010 00:22:00 +0000 GMT

Brilliant, I'll try that in the morning :)

Do you know if CoolBook works ok on an Intel IMac? Until they sort out the problem with EigenD not working on early versions of Tiger I'm not able to use my laptop!

K

Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:39:19 +0000 GMT

Hi Kayla,

Below is what the manual says.

So I can't tell if it'll work on your iMac. You can try to download it and see how it goes. Even if you buy it to test out the undervolting, it's only $10, so you're not losing much if it doesn't work. Warning though, licenses are tied to machines. You can't transfer them.

Take care,

Geert

CoolBook 2.16 works with OS X10.4, 10.5, 10.6 and the following machines:

MacBook (white/black)
MacBook Pro
Intel MacMini
MacBook Air (1/2)
The 'Unibody' MacBook / MacBook Pro models.

With limited/experimental support for:

Some Intel iMacs.

written by: sam

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:55:25 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

The bug fix for this has been included in the latest stable software release - 1.0.13.

If you have any more problems please let us know.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:24:24 +0000 GMT

Thanks Sam, is this also included in the new unstable release?

written by: steveelbows

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:28:44 +0000 GMT

I think the unstable release notes say that it includes all the bugfixes from 1.0.13

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:29:53 +0000 GMT

Totally right Steve, I read over that sentence ... too happy to be online again :-)

Please log in to join the discussions