Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Alchemy window disappears

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi all,

Thanks for the information - we will look into this bug and get back to you.

Apologies for problems with the Bug Reporter - we are also working on a fix for this. If you do manage to get the Bug Reporter working that would also be helpful.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: KaylaK

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:59:58 +0000 GMT

I've been having trouble with the Alchemy window which I can't seem to get to appear on screen anymore - I've navigated through to the Camel Audio window in the EigenBrowser, and can see and select "Alchemy" within the folder, and can hear the selected sound ok, but can't see the Alchemy window and therefore cannot change sounds.

Is there something else I need to do to get the window to appear? Again, apologies that I cannot send a Bug Report as mine isn't connecting to the server!

Many thanks,

Kayla

written by: steveelbows

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:16:48 +0000 GMT

There is a toggle button to show or hide plugin GUI. 4th button down on the left when you are in the relevant AU control page.

Also the GUI may be hidden underneath the browser window.

written by: KaylaK

Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:49:01 +0000 GMT

Hi Steve

Thanks very much for the reply - unfortunately the fourth key down isn't doing anything and the window isn't hidden under the browser :( Could this be a 1.0.9 bug perhaps?

K

written by: barnone

Mon, 4 Jan 2010 04:21:21 +0000 GMT

Same issue as Kayla guys.

Using an Alpha EigenD 1.1.10
Snow Leopard 10.6.2

I am able to reproduce a workaround. If I just try to bring up Alchemy, the Main AU window never shows. In order to get it to show I first need to load some other AU (any other AU). Then it will come up. If I close it, I have to do the same thing...bring up another AU first before it will show.

Looking in Console.app for any errors or call stacks turns up nothing.

[edit] I can however use the keys on the Alpha to show hide AU UI for Alchemy using the Advanced controls for Audio Units. The above does seem to be a bug, since every other Audio Unit shows its UI properly when clicking in the browser. If it's not a bug then it's at least extremely confusing.

written by: sam

Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:56:49 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

Thanks for the information - we will look into this bug and get back to you.

Apologies for problems with the Bug Reporter - we are also working on a fix for this. If you do manage to get the Bug Reporter working that would also be helpful.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Please log in to join the discussions